Freestanding Slim Model With Two Zones
If you want to keep your favorite bottles at ideal serving temperature get this trim, dual zone model with 18 bottles capacity by Wine Enthusiast. With slightly under 10″ width it fits nicely in narrow spaces in the kitchen, living room or wet bar.
See technical features and user opinion in detail.
Read Full Review
Look and Style:
- Stylish appliance featuring black cabinet with stainless steel framed thermopane glass door.
- 7 pull-out chromed wire shelves that hold ordinary size and shape bottles (2 can be placed on each one). You can remove shelves to make room for larger, wider bottles.
- second shelf from the top has half-width leaving room for upright placement of 1 bottle (you can keep an opened, unfinished bottle fresh here for a couple of days.)
Setting the Temperature
- You can adjust the temperature for both zones with the touch buttons on the control panel built in in the exterior of the door.
- Up and Down arrows are for increasing or reducing the temperature by 1 degree.
- The panel also has a temperature display in cool blue LED for both zones.
- The interior light switch is also here (light is only in the top zone).
- The unit is for freestanding use only since it ventilates at the rear. Do not build it in existing cabinetry or under the counter! Make sure you leave sufficient clearance around the sides and the at the back for proper air circulation. Place it away from direct sunlight or other heat source.
- It is a thermoelectric fridge and for maximum cooling efficiency it must be used in a room where ambient temperature is not more than 75°F. The lower end of the temp. range can be achieved in a 60-65°F room.
- Before installing/connecting it to a power outlet let the fridge stay upright.
- Use the adjustable front legs to level the fridge before loading it.[/ezcol_1half] [ezcol_1half_end]
- Capacity: 18 bottles (standard size, and style): top part accommodates 10 bottles, lower part: 8 bottles
- Design: black cabinet, black interior, mirrored, thermopane glass door with stainless steel trim, right hinged, isn’t reversible
- Cooling method: thermoelectric (superconductor) technology without CFC-s and vibration.
- Number of zones: two
- Built-in/Freestanding: freestanding only, ETL certified, vents at the back so mustn’t be placed in an enclosed area, or build-in under the counter
- Temperature Control & Display: temperature for both zones can be set on the touchscreen control panel integrated across the middle of the door. The blue LED display showing the set and current temps. is also here.
- top zone: 54 – 66°F (°C best for putting red there
- lower zone: 46 – 66°F ideal for white wines
- Shelving: 7 slide-out scalloped wire shelves, each holds 2 bottles, 4 more can be placed on the floor of the cabinet
- Noise: low humming sound when the fan is on, though quite a few owners complain that it is very loud
- Electricity consumption: 120 Watts at a round 77°F ambient temp. (cc. 2.88 kWh/24 hours)
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 37 1/2″ x 9 7/8″ x 20 1/4″)
- Weight: 36 lbs.
- Price: $270 ($15/bottle)
- Warranty: 1 year limited[/ezcol_1half_end]
- It needs as much as maintenance and cleaning as an ordinary kitchen fridge does.
- Clean occasionally the interior with a soft wet cloth (disconnect from power before cleaning). Wipe the exterior too especially the vent at the back.
- Height: 37 1/2″
- Width: 9 7/8″
- Depth: 20 1/4″
Weight: 83 lbs.
User Reviews on the Wine Enthusiast 18-Bottle Slim Wine Cooler
- attractive, slender design, looks cool with the reflective glass front
- two zones and nice size at affordable price
- virtually silent- makes a low humming sound(other say it’s pretty noisy)
- maintains set temperature well
- great lower temps for keeping whites nicely chilled
- loud (though others claim it’s silent)
- struggles to hold set temperature (others claim the opposite)
- no interior light in the bottom compartment
Summary & Rating
[GARD align=”left”]A great little wine fridge with small footprint at affordable price. Ideal for wine lovers living in a studio or small condo.
One of the best models in the category of small dual zone wine refrigerators.
NOTE: there is an older model with the same bottle capacity and technical specs available in stores that doesn’t have the slim design.
The dimensions of this 18-bottle model by Wine Enthusiast are: H: 25 3/4″, W: 14 1/4″, D: 20″.