A Slim, 12 Bottle, Thermoelectric Wine Chiller
The Avanti EWC1201 wine cooler is a compact 12-bottle unit that uses thermal electric refrigeration (also known as superconductor or Peltier technology). With its 10″ width it fits in narrow space, and the small footprint makes it ideal for counter or tabletop placement.
See the technical features, pros and cons, as well as customer complaints in detail below.
Avanti EWC1201 Wine Cooler Features Overview
Capacity: 12 standard bottles (Bordeaux style, 750 ml) or 4 standard bottles 8 Burgundy bottles: bottles horizontally 4 bottles vertically
- Cabinet color: black
- Door: double-pane curved glass door with a narrow platinum finish trim, non-reversible hinge.
Cooling method: thermoelectric (Peltier) cooling with auto defrost Number of zones: one Built-in/Freestanding: freestanding only (ambient temperature: 72°F – 78°F/23°C – 26°C), allow 5″ clearance around the sides at the back and the top.
- Thermostat (Mechanical/Digital): adjustable digital thermostat – touch button controls with “autolock” feature (the buttons will be locked 12 secs after the last button has been touched). To unlock the control panel press the Up and Down arrows simultaneuosly for 3 secs. A beep sound lets you know that the control buttons are activated.
- Temperature Range: 47°F – 64°F (8°C – 18°C)
- Display: blue LCD screen, can be set to indicate temperature either in Fahrenheit or Celsius.
Setting the Temperature
- When you store mostly red wines, the temperature needs to be set at between 14º – 18ºC (57º – 65ºF). The indicator marked “RED” will light up in Red.
- When you store mostly white wines, set the temperature at between 9º – 14ºC (49º – 58ºF). The indicator marked “WHITE” will light up in White.
- For storing mostly sparkling wines, the set the temperature at between 5º – 9ºC (40º – 49ºF). The indicator marked “WHITE” will light up in White
- Shelving: glide-out chromed wire racks
- Interior Light: low-intensity LED lighting, you can turn it on/off by pressing the button marked with a bulb symbol (after 10 minutes the lighting will automatically turn off).
- Noise: no data
- Electricity consumption (estimated): 1.5 kWh/24 hours
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 25.25″ x 10.25″ x 20.25″)
- Weight: 27 lbs.
- Price range: $100 – $130 ($8.3 – $10.83 per bottle).
- Warranty: limited 1 year warranty.
Pros & Cons (based on consumer reviews)
- compact, small footprint design
- easy to set up and use
- upright storage of bottles
- not a reliable brand, many complaints on other Avanti wine chiller model
- many complained that it the fridge is loud
Go to main page of Avanti Wine Refrigerators. Read also a review on the Avanti SWC1600M-1 16-Bottle Wine Cooler and the Avanti EWC1802DZ 18-Bottle Dual-Zone Wine Chiller.
Similar Wine Bottle Coolers
- 12-Bottle Wine Chillers – overview of most popular units and comparison
- Haier 12-Bottle Wine Coolers review of 12-bottle models by Haier.
- Thermal Electric Wine Coolers – find out how thermal electric coolers work and what are their advantages over compressor-based fridges.
- NewAir Wine Coolers – cheap thermal electric home cellars ranging from 12-bottle to 23-bottle capacity.