We selected the best electric wine coolers under $500.
If you’re in search for a cheap yet good-value wine bottle cooler then browse this list and pick one that best suits your wine storage needs.
There are many cheap electric wine coolers and wine refrigerators available on the market today which according to consumer reviews turn out to be of low quality.
Yet not everyone can afford or wants to spend $1000 or more on a mid size electric home wine cooler.
That’s why we created the following list of best electric wine coolers under $500 based on our extensive online research.
Top-Rated Electric Wine Coolers Under $500
GE Profile PWR04FAN 29-Bottle Wine Cooler $449
approx. 29 bottles (750 ml, Bordeaux style)
|Number of Zones:|
1 temperature zone
black cabinet with stainless steel framed thermopane, tinted glass door, recessed handle, reversible hinge, lock & key, interior light with timer
|Built-In or Freestanding:|
|Temperature Controls & Display:|
adjustable digital thermostat, temp. range: 45ºF – 65ºF, LED display in ºF
5 slide-out chrome-plated wire racks, 1 fixed shelf on the bottom for display purpose
|Dimensions/Weight:||H: 33 1/2″, W: 20 1/8″, D (with handle): 22 3/4″|
Weight. 97 lbs.
cc. US$ 395 – 430 (US$ 13.6 – 14.83 per bottle)
a bit noisy (not disturbingly so)
Electric Wine Coolers Similar to the GE 29-Bottle Wine Cellar:
- Avanti WC331DZD 28 bottle Dual Zone Wine Cellar – a two temperature zone wine cooler with 28 bottles of wine storage capacity.
- Avanti WC1500DSS 30-bottle Wine Cooler this single zone unit can be used either as built-in or freestanding.
- Samsung 28-bottle wine cooler – it is very similar to the GE PWR04FANBS wine fridge regarding design and technical details.
- Haier 31-bottle wine cellar – a 1 temp. zone, compressor-operated cooler.
- Danby DWC276BLS 27-bottle wine cooler – a zero clearance, single temperature zone unit for under counter placement.
The Wine Enthusiast Silent 28-Bottle Wine Refrigerator $350 at Amazon.com
|Bottle Count:||28 bottle (750 ml, Bordeaux style)|
|Cooling System:||thermoelectric (Peltier)|
|Number of Zones:||1 zone|
|Design:||black cainet with stainless steel trimmed glass door or black cabinet w. black-trimmed glass door, door glass is thermopane and tinted, lock & key is incl.|
|Built-In or Freestanding:||freestanding only (requires cc. 3″-4″ clearance around the sides, at the back and top to be able to vent properly)|
|Temperature Controls:||digital push button controls, temp. range: 54ºF – 66ºF (max. ambient temp: 77ºF), LED display (the black-framed door model displays in blue, the stainless steel framed door model in greenish-yellow|
|Shelving:||6 pull-out chrome-plated wire shelves|
|Dimensions/Weight:||H: 28 7/8″ with hinge, W: 18 1/16″, D (with handle): 23″, Weight: 50.3 lbs.|
|Price:||cc. US$ 240 – 350 (US$ 10 -14.58 per bottle calculated for 24 bottles) ) depending on model and store (it is worth searching for special deals/sales online to get it at a lower price)|
|Cons:||in case of larger (wider bottom) bottles it holds less than 28 bottles (cc. 20-24) (you need to remove one of the racks to fit non-standard-size bottles reducing the total storage space)|
- How thermolectric wine coolers work (includes recommended Peltier wine cooler brands & models).
- Wine Enthusiast Home Wine Cellars – overview of the brand’s wine bottle cooler models.
- EdgeStar 28-bottle Thermoelectric Wood-paneled Wine Cooler – an attractive, energy-efficient wine fridge for freestanding use.
- Avanti WC331DZD 28-bottle two Zone Wine Cooler – a nice looking compact wine cellar with two independent temperature zones for under US$ 500.
- The Best 30-Bottle Wine Refrigerators – top-rated wine coolers with around 30 bottle count storage space.
|Bottle Count:||30 bottles (standard size, Bordeaux style bottles)|
|Cooling System:||thermoelectric cooling|
|Number of Zones:||1 zone|
|Design:||black cabinet with silver trimmed amber tinted, contoured glass door, lock & key,|
|Built-In or Freestanding:||freestanding only|
|Temperature Controls:||digital thermostat, touch button controls, automatic settings for red or white wine,|
temp. range: 45ºF – 60ºF (max. ambient temp: 77ºF), LED readout showing both the set and the current temperature
|Shelving:||6 slide-out chromed racks and a removable wire basket at the bottom|
|Dimensions/Weight:||H: 38 5/8″, W: 19 15/16″, D: 21 11/16″, Weight: 88 lbs.|
|Price:||cc. US$ 380-390 (US$ 12.66 – 13 per bottle)|
|Pros:||fairly quiet (slight humming noise when the compressor is running)stylish especially with the curved, amber-tinted glass door|
|Cons:||temperature fluctuation is a bit high (5-7 degrees from top to bottom according to some reviewers) but it is normal in any similar wine fridge (temp. of fluids such as wine takes longer time to adjust to the changes in air temp.)|
Similar Home Wine Cellars
- Haier Wine Cellars – our overview article of Haier wine coolers.
- Danby DWC283BLS Two-Zone Wine Cooler – a sleek medium size wine fridge with 2 temperature zones and 6 wood shelves.