Compare best-selling mini wine coolers to see which one provides the most value for your money.
All these small wine refrigerators store from 4 up to 12 bottles of wine and are designed for free-standing, countertop or tabletop placement.
Some units use thermoelectric cooling system (also known as Peltier cooling) applied often in mini fridges. This technology works quite well up to 8-12 bottles. Larger units operate more efficiently with compressor technology. The following list includes both type of models.
Note: When you buy through links to Amazon placed on our site we may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Table Of Contents
Why Should You Buy A Mini Wine Fridge? Pros & Cons Listed To Help You Decide
Thermoelectric Cooling in Mini Fridges – Good or Bad?
Thermal electric wine coolers have the benefits of:
Virtually Silent, Vibration-Free Operation
- If properly placed (leave enough space around the sides, at the back and the top for proper ventilation) a thermal electric wine cooler won’t disturb you with compressor noise – an advantage if you live in a tiny apartment.
- Ambient temperature is important too! Thermoelectric fridges are very sensitive to the temperature of the room they are placed in.
- They operate most optimally in a 50 – 77°F (10 – 25°C) environment. If the temperature is too warm around the fridge it will be harder for it to keep the set temperature insid eits cabinet. This will result in more electricity use, more noise and vibration.
Mini wine coolers using thermoelectric cooling are cheap. Yyou’ll get a stylish, easy-to-use wine storage unit without having to spend several hundreds or thousands on a high-end wine refrigerator or wine cabinet.
As a rule, more expensive units are thought to be more dependable and offering better quality for the price – though you may find this is not true in may cases – but if you can’t afford one you are still better off with a lower end wine cooler than having to store your favorite wines in the kitchen fridge.
Low Electricity Consumption
Small, thermoelectric refrigerators – if placed according to the manufacturer’s recommendation – use less electricity than compressor-based models.
A 6-bottle unit consumes around 150 kWh a year. As mentioned above, ambient temperature highly effects optimal cooling therefore power consumption.
Compact, Space-Saving Design
- These coolers boast very neat and compact size that is ideal for wine lovers living in small condos. A typical mini, countertop size unit has the follwing dimensions: height: cc. 15″, width: cc. 10″ depth: 20″
No Chemicals That May Pollute The Environment
They don’t contain cooling agents (CFC-s, HCFC-s: hydrochlorofluorocarbons used as coolants in traditional compressor-based refrigerators and known responisble for depletion of the protective ozone layer in the atmosphere) so they are considered to be more safe to the natural environment.
TIP: Read this post if you would like to find out more about the pros and cons of thermoelectric wine coolers. It also covers recommended brands and models.
All in all the following mini wine coolers are recommended to the occasional wine drinker, beginner wine enthusiast and those who live in a small apartment and don’t have space nor the money for a larger, more expensive wine bottle cooler.
Note: Most of these small capacity coolers have one temperature zone. All of them are for freestanding placement only.
Koblenz 4-Bottle mini Wine Fridge, EVFK-04
The smallest wine cooler you can get holds 4 750 ml, Bordeaux-style bottles. So if you’re really scrunched on space we highly recommend this tiny wine fridge by Koblenz.
Best Mini Wine Refrigerators in 2022 – 6-Bottle Models
If size is important to you meaning the smaller the better then a 6-bottle unit will serve you just great.
What’s more you can get a 6-bottle cooler for less than 200 USD (around 150-180 USD) which is not a high initial cost considering that you’ll have a nice-looking appliance that keeps your wines in top shape.
Black & Decker, Koolatron, Wine Enthusiast and Koblenz offer wine fridges with 6 bottle storage space.
Black & Decker 6-Bottle Wine Cooler, Model BD60316
This is currently one of the most popular mini wine cellars available in stores.
Thermoelectric cooling – which works great in such small appliances – ensures silent, energy-saving operation. Let’s see the main techincal specs.
The door is made of 3 layers of tempered and mirrored glass for maximum thermal insulation and protection against sunlight. Furthermore, the mirror finish looks very hip.
- You can store and chill in it 6 standard size and shape bottles (750 ml)
- Digital touch controls to set the temperaure within the range of 46 – 65 ºF (8 – 18 ºC).
- Has all black cabinet with mirrored glass door and 2 wavy removable metal racks hold 3 wine bottles each.
- Leveling legs
- Quiet operation: rated at 38 dBA maximum noise level – this is not disturbing, considering a dishwasher makes cc. 46 – 60 dBA.
Dimensions & Weight – Fits Nicely On a Kitchen Counter
- Height: 14.8″ (interior height: 11″)
- Width: 10″ (interior width: 7.25″
- Depth: 20.4″ (interior depth: 11.5″)
- Weight: 18.7 lbs.
- Petite size: doesn’t take up much space. You can even take it with you in an RV.
- Sleek, contemporary look
- Keeps half-a-dozen bottles at ideal temperaure, protected aginst UV light.
- Doesn’t cost much to buy neither has it high operating cost.
- Magnums, champagne bottles won’t fit in
Price & Warranty
The Black & Decker 6-bottle wine cooler with mirrored door costs cc. 170 – 180 USD (28.3 – 30 USD per bottle).
It includes a 1 year manufacturer’s warranty.
Check Price & Reviews On Amazon
Koolatron 6-Bottle Wine Cooler (WC06, Urban Series)
This is very similar to the Black & Decker model and usually has a lower price tag. The Koolatron WC06 too applies thermoelectric technology.
- Black cabinet with right-hinged dual pane glass door (smoked to block UV rays)
- Recessed door handle.
- 2 pull-out wire racks – that hold 3 – 3 standard size and style wine bottles.
- Temperature can be adjusted from 46 ºF to 64 ºF (8 – 18 ºC)
- The Control Panel with digital touch symbols is integrated in the top of the door. It has a LED raedout in blue.
- Low intensity, white LED interior light.
Dimensions & Weight
- Height: 14.25″ (without the legs which are removable: 13.25″)
- Width: 10″
- Depth: 20″
- Weight: 17.24 lbs (7.8 kg).
- Great-looking comapct mini cooler
- Low noise
- Keeps wines at the correct temerature. No need to store your favorite bottles in the kitchen fridge, next to food stuff.
- Short warranty (only 90 days)
- Requires you to leave quite a lot of space around the sides (2″) and at the back (4″). This is to ensure proper ventilation, so the fridge won’t overheat.
Price & Warranty
If you manage to catch a great deal on Amazon you can buy this fridge around 100 USD. Otherwise it costs around 180 USD.
Unfortunately it has a very short guarantee period,only 90 days.
Koolatron 8-Bottle Wine Cellar (WC08, Urban Series)
If you want to have slightly larger storage space check out the 8-bottle model also by Koolatron. It looks very much the same as its smaller, 6-bottle sister and it has the same technical specs too.
On top of all, it doesn’t cost much more either.
Conclusion – Which is the Best Mini Wine Cooler?
All three counter top mini wine refrigerators compared above are cheap thermoelectric units, ideal for occasional wine drinkers who want to have a few bottles of wine chilled on hand at any time.
These cheap wine coolers probably aren’t the most reliable, longlasting appliances, and I would only buy one at a discount price (wouldn’t pay more than $40 – $50). So if you want to get a compact, portable wine bottle cooler with 4-bottle capacity I suggest that search for the best deals on online retails sites.