N’FINITY wine cellars are a new line of wine cabinets launched by Wine Enthusiast, manufacturer and retailer of small electric wine coolers, premium wine cabinets like Le Cache, Vinotheque and EuroCave, custom wine cellars and other wine accessories both through their website and catalogs.
The company decided to design and manufacture a new wine cabinet line that corrects common problems (accommodating wine bottles of varying sizes, temperature requirements for storing different types of wine etc.) reported by wine cooler/wine cellar owners.
That’s how N’FINITY wine cellars were born.
Six models are currently available:
- a 23-bottle 2-zone wine cooler
- a 50-bottle dual-zone unit
- a 100-bottle multi-temp wine cellar
- a 121-bottle 2-zone wine model
- a 170-bottle two-zone wine cabinet, and
- a 340-bottle multi-temp wine cellar
Read a review on the smallest model the N’FINITY 23-bottle wine cooler to find out about main technical features and to see whether it is really the most ideal small wine cooler for either home or commercial use.
N’FINITY 23-Bottle Wine Cooler, Dual Zone – Storage & Serving Temperature
The N’FINITY 23-bottle wine cooler is a compact and small capacity unit with two independently controlled temperature zones for setting both storage and serving temperatures for red and white wines.
It is a very attractive wine fridge with black cabinet and black interior and natural hardwood shelving.
The tinted, see-through glass door is reversible and has stainless steel trim and curved metal handle.
It comes with lock & key set.
All N’Finity wine cellars use compressor cooling with fan air circulation. All models vent in the front allowing flexibility in placement: can be used as standalone or built in under a kitchen counter.
The digital control panel is integrated in the zone partition. The panel includes the following features:
- On/Off for turning on/off the wine cooler,
- Temp. Set Upper Zone: Adjusts and displays, via LED, the desired temperature (°F) of the upper zone.
- Temp. Set Lower Zone: Adjusts and displays, via LED, the desired temperature (°F) of the lower zone./li>
- Light – for turning on or off the interior illumination/li>
- Red, White, Sparkling,
- Select (upper or lower) – allows you to select to control either the upper zone or the lower zone.
Setting the Temperature
Note: In order to maintain optimum operation the lower compartment should be set to minimum 4 degrees higher than the upper compartment.
Make sure the cabinet is properly connected to power according to the instruction manual.
Press “On” to turn on the cellar.
Press the “Select” button to choose the Upper or Lower Zone
N’FINITY 23-Bottle Wine Cellar Review & Rating
- Capacity: 23 bottles, top zone:
- Cabinet color: black cabinet with black interior, black front grille
- Door: stainless steel-framed, tempered and tinted glass door with curved stainless steel bar handle, reversible hinging, lock & key set
- Cooling method: compressor, auto defrost
- Number of zones: two temperature zones
- Built-in/Freestanding: both, front ventilation
- Temperature Control:
- Thermostat (Mechanical/Digital): adjustable digital thermostat for each zone
- Temperature Range:
- upper zone: 41°F – 60°F (5°C – 15.5°C),
- lower zone: 45°F – 64°F (7°C – 17.7°C) (+/- 2°F/).
- Ambient temp. range: 45°F – 80°F
- Shelving: 6 glide-out hardwood shelves (3-3 in each zone) with ball-bearing roller assembly, spaced to accommodate 23 bottles of Bordeaux (standard) size and larger bottles, including Pinot Noir, Chardonnay, and Champagne.
- Humidity level: 60%
- Noise: no information
- Electricity consumption: 160 Watt
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 34 5/8″ (w. hinge) x 15″ x 26″ with handle, 24″ without handle)
- Weight: 93 pounds.
- Price range: US$ 699 without shipping (US$ 30.4 / bottle).
- Warranty: 90 Day Parts & Labor In Home Warranty with a Free Upgrade to 1 Year on Parts & Labor
Pros & Cons
- attractive, compact
- maintains temperature
- Cons: none yet
Rating (1- 5 stars): Set the desired temp. for the upper/lower zone by pressing the + (Up) and – (Down) buttons. The upper zone can be set between 41°F and 60°F (factory preset is 41°F), while the lower zone’s temp. range is 45°F – 64°F (factory preset 45°F).
- If you set the Upper or Lower zone between 52°F – 64°F, the LED light next to “RED” will light up, indicating that you are within the recommended range for serving Red Wines.
- If you set the Upper or Lower zone between 44°F – 51°F, the LED light next to “WHITE” will light up, indicating that you are within the recommended range for serving White Wines.
- If you set the Upper or Lower Zone between 41°F – 43°F, the LED light next to “SPARKLING” will light up, indicating that you are within the recommended range for serving Sparkling Wines.
In case of a power outage, all previous temperature settings will be automatically saved and each compartment will return to the previous temperature setting, a useful feature that many wine coolers lack.
6 sturdy hardwood shelves (3-3 in each compartment) that smoothly slide on ball-bearing tracks hold the wine bottles. The spacing is wide enough to fit larger size bottles (Pinot Noir, Chardonnay and Champagne).
- Lower Zone Shelves: each shelf holds one row of 3 bottles (4 in the front, 4 in the back) the half shelf on the bottom holds 6 bottles (3 in the front, 3 in the back).
- Upper Zone Shelves: each shelf can hold one row of 8 and a second row of 6 bottles for a total of 14 bottles.
Three blue LED lights provide low-intensity illumination for the cabinet interior. The On/Off switch is on the control panel.
The N’FINITY 23-bottle wine cooler vents in the front so it can either be used as built-in or freestanding.
Similar Home Wine Storage Units
- 30-Bottle Wine Refrigerators – recommended home cellars with approx. 28-32 bottles capacity.
- GE 29-Bottle Wine Cooler, Model PWR04FANBS – a good-qaulity single-zone unit for around $500.
- Avanti WC1500DSS 30-Bottle Wine Refrigerator – single-zone with compressor cooling.
- Magic Chef 30-Bottle Wine Cooler – a cheap compressor-operated model for standalone use.
- Wine Enthusiast Silent 28-Bottle Wine Cooler – thermolelectric, freestanding-only unit.
- Haier 24-Bottle Wine Cooler, Model, HVDO24E – a single-zone wine fridge by Haier America.
- Danby 34-Bottle Wine Refrigerator, Model DWC1534BLS – a 1-temp.-zone compressor based unit.
More N’FINITY Models
- NFINITY 340-Bottle Wine Cabinet – a two-door multi temp. zone home cellar with up to 340 bottles capacity.
- N’FINITY 50-Bottle Wine Cellar – a dual-zone unit with hardwood shelving for building in under the counter or for free standing placement.
- N’FINITY 121-Bottle Wine Refrigerator – has the same features as the other models in the N’FINITY line.
See also our main article about Wine Enthusiast Wine Coolers.