Last updated on March 9th, 2021 at 02:15 pm
If you are searching for a nice size fridge to have your favorite wines perfectly chilled at all times then a 18-bottle wine cooler is a fitting choice.
They are small enough so won’t take up much room but large enough to let you have a lovely collection of wines within easy reach.
Best-Value 18-Bottle Wine Coolers
Quick Links: Wine Enthusiast 18 Bottle (Dual Zone) – Wine Enthusiast (Single Zone) – Koolatron (Dual Zone) – Top Pick: Schmecke (Single Zone) – Nutrichef (various models) – Colzer YC-60C (Single Zone) – Conclusion
Wine Enthusiast 18-Bottle, Dual Zone Wine Cooler
Wine Enthusiast is a well-known USA brand that has been in the market of wine refrigerators for more than 40 years.
They offer a wide range of wine fridges regarding:
- Bottle capacity,
- Design and style,
- Number of temperature zones.
They offer two 18-bottle models: a single zone and a two-zone one. They look very similar, both models featuring an all-black cabinet with tinted, black framed door.
Features – Dual Zone Model
Combines long-term storage with ready-to-serve chilling within one unit.
- Efficient compressor cooling ensures stable temperatures in both zones
- Fairly silent operation – Noise level: 40 dBA.
- Upper Zone (white wines, roses, sparkling wines): holds 6 bottles,
- Lower Zone (for long term storage of red wines): has space for 12 bottles where 3 bottles bottles can be placed upright on the bottom wire shelf.
- 5 chromed metal shelves and a display shelf on the bottom
- Simple to use digital control panel in the top of the door frame.
- Temperature range: 41° – 64°F (5 – 18°C)-for both zones.
- Blue LED display shows the actual temprature in both zones
- Soft interior light
- Dual-pane, well-sealed door with recessed handle
- Freestanding placement with only 14″ width.
- Height:33.75″ (85.73 cm)
- Width: 13.75″ (34.93 cm)
- Depth: 19″ (48.25 cm)
Weight: 50 lbs
- 1 year parts & labor,
- 3 years sealed system
- cc. 350 USD (19.44 USD per bottle).
3 Times More Energy Efficiency
According to the manufacturer the Wine Enthusiast 18-bottle Dual Zone MAX wine fridge saves 40 USD a year in electricity compared to similar thermoelectric coolers.
Compressor-run fridges are less susceptible to the fluctuation in ambient temprature so they provide more stable cooling temp. within the entire unit.
The recommended ambient temp. range for the Wine Enthsuiast Dual Zone MAX fridge is: 61°F – 90°F.
Wine Enthusiast 18-Bottle, Single-Zone Model
The single-zone model offers the same look, and technical features as the dual-zone model listed above but at a slightly lower price.
Price: 270 USD (15 USD per bottle).
Read review on an older 18-bottle model made by Wine Enthusiast!
See also our main article about Wine Enthusiast Wine Refrigerators!
Nutrichef 18-Bottle Wine Fridges
Nutrichef offers various 18-bottle capacity units so you can pick one that meets both your budget and preferences.
All models have efficent, low-noise compressor cooling. They ventilate at the back so none of the units can be built-in, they are for freestanding placement.
Nutrichef PKCWC180 – Cheapest Choice, 1 Zone
It’s a single-zone cooler with a wide tempr. range: 41° – 64°F ( 5 – 18°C). Has all the basic features one needs when looking for a simple, no-frills fridge that holds and chills their fave wines.
- Black cabinet has smoked, double pane glass door with recessed handle (no safety lock)
- 5 sliding contoured, chromed metal shelves and a display shelf at the bottom where you can put opened bottles
- The bottom standing shelf is also ideal for showcasing your most prized bottles, since the labels can be clearly seen.
- Easy to use digital control panel and temp. display in blue. Switch between Fahrenheit/Celsius.
- Soft LED lighting inside the cabinet. The strength of illumination can be adjusted.
- Freestanding only: suitable for counter-/tabletop placement.
- Low noise and vibration.
- Height: 30.3″
- Width: 13.6″
- Depth: 17.7″
Price of the Nutrichef PKCWC180:
- cc. 253 USD (14.05 USD per bottle).
Nutrichef PKCWCDS188 – Dual Zone
Compared to the previous model, the PKCWCDS188 offers dual temp. zones so you can keep your reds and whites at different temperatures.
- Two zones: top zone has space for 6 bottles on 2 chromed metal shelves
- Lower zone: 9 + 3 bottles: 9 on wire racks, 3 slanted on the display shelf
- Temperature range: 41° – 64°F ( 5 – 18°C).
- Look and style of the cabinet is sames as that of the single zone model’s (PKCWC180)
- Temperature control and display are also the same: seamlessly integrated in the door glass.
- Freestanding placement
- Height: 32.7″
- Width: 13.6″
- Depth: 18.9″
Price of the PKCWCDS188:
- cc. 290 USD (16.11 USD per bottle). A favorable price regarding the plus feature of the two temp. zones.
Nutrichef PKCWCDS185 – Dual Zone, Stainless Steel
This is the priciest of the 4 models. The PKCWCDS185 comes with sturdy stainless steel framed glass door and has two temp. zones.
The door also has a stainless steel bar handle instead of the recessed handle the other two models have.
Other technical details are the same as the PKCWCDS188.
Price of the PKCWCDS185:
- cc. 300 USD (16.7 USD per bottle).
You can find out more about Nutrichef appliances here!
Koolatron Dual-Zone, 18-Bottle Wine Cooler
You can chill up to 18 bottles of wine in this slim-design fridge by Koolatron.
- Slim, all-black cabinet with black-trimmed glass door
- Two individual temperature zones each with its own temp. regulation
- Digital touch pad controls tp set the deisred temperature and LED display.
- Thermoelectric cooling
- 7 pull-out wire shelves: 3 in the top part, 4 in the lower part of the cabinet
- Remove a rack if you wish to place large or wide bottles
- Top zone holds 8 bottles (ideal for reds): 54°F – 66°F (12°C – 18°C)
- Bottom zone accommodates 10 bottles (best for whites, sparkling wines): 46°F – 66°F (8°C – 18°C)
- Freestanding placement only: leave 2″ at the sides and 4 ” at the back of the fridge.
- Height: 38″
- Width: 13″
- Depth: 22.5″
Price & Warranty
- 350 – 363 USD (19,4 – 20.16 USD per bottle).
- Only 90 days.
View other Koolatron wine chiller models here! You can also browse our list of the best narrow-width wine fridges for 2021.
Best Value: Schmecke 18 Bottle Wine Cooler, 1 Zone
This is a single-zone model with compressor cooling and lockable door. Has a very great price compared to similar size wine fridges.
- Black cabinet with black trimmed dual pane glass door – tinted to filter out UV rays
- Door has a lock at the bottom
- Recessed handle
- Control panel in the top door frame: digital touch control to set temp. with the Up/Down buttons
- Temperature range: 41° – 64°F (5 – 18°C)
- Digital display
- Interior lighting:
- Low noise: 36 dBA
- Height: 30.31″
- Width: 13.58″
- Depth: 17.72
- Weight: 43 lbs.
Price & Warranty
- cc. 220 USD (12.22 USD per bottle) – great price compared to similar-size models!
- 1 year limited manufacturer warranty.
Colzer 18-Bottle Wine Cooler, 1 Zone
It’s a compact, only 12 inches wide stylish wine chiller with quality compressor. You can store 18 normal size wine bottles in this single temperature zone unit.
- Silent operation – less than 32 dBA when the compressor is on
- Temperature control has wide range: 41 – 78°F (5 – 25°C).
- Humidity level: 60 – 80%
- Natural, beech wood fronted shelves lend elegant look
- Tinted dual pane glass door has stainless steel trim and towel bar handle
- 5 removable, unstained beechwood shelves + 1 stationary shelf
- Door lock with 2 keys
- Easy to set storage temp. with the touch button controls
- Current temperature is clearly displayed in blue
- Leveling legs – the height of the cooler is adjustable to perfectly fit under a counter
- Built-in and freestanding placement – the fridge vents in the front offering flexibilty in where you want to put it in your home.
- Height: 34.5″
- Width: 12″
- Depth: 23″
Price & Warranty:
- Price: cc. 500 USD (27,8 USD per bottle).
- Warranty: 2 yeasrs parts & labor.
It is a pretty and very slim wine chiller though a bit pricier than the other models listed here. See other options for narrow wine fridges!
TIP: The Kalamera 18-Bottle Built-In Wine Cooler is very similar to the Colzer fridge. It has single temperature zone, lockable door, wood shelves and is avaialble in the 480 – 500 USD price range. .
Conclusion – Best 18-Bottle Wine Fridge for 2021
If the price is the most important decision factor then go for the Schmecke 18-Bottle single-zone wine refrigerator. At 220 USD you will get a sleek, small-fottprint unit that will keep your wines chilled at perfect temperature. Cost: cc. 220 USD
If you want to have two tempertaure zones then the Wine Enthusiast Dual Zone model is the best choice in our opinion. Cost: 350 USD.