Last updated on December 22nd, 2020 at 10:31 am
Slim wine coolers are perfect for those who have narrow space for a wine storage unit in their home.
The trimmest models – only 6″ wide – are for freestanding use only, they can’t be built-in kitchen cabinetry.
Make sure you check how much clearance you have to add around the sides, and at the back for proper ventilation.
For built-in placement, 15″ wide wine refrigerators are available in a wide choice of design from several manufacturers (Danby, Avanti, Vinotemp, U-Line, Marvel).
Here we listed some good-value narrow wine coolers, including standalone and built-in models.
Best Slim Wine Coolers in 2020
Many manufacturers offer slim wine fridges, we selected some of the best models.
NewAir 7-Bottle Wine Chiller, 6″ Wide, Built-In
With only 6 inches width this sleek cooler is a nice addition to any wine lover’s kitchen or living room.
The front ventilation allows for buil-in installation so you can fit the cooler under a counter with other furnishing.
- black cabinet with brushed stainless steel trimmed glass door (no lock)
- Double pane, sturdy door glass for maximum thermal insulation and with UV protection,
- long, stainless steel bar handle
- compressor cooling with low noise emission
- 7 sliding, unpainted beech wood shelves
- each shelf holds 1 standard size (750 ml) bottle
- touch button controls to set the temp. within the range of 41 – 65°F (5 – 18°C)
- Height: 34.20″
- Width: 5.90″
- Depth (with handle): 20.08″
- Weight: 42.50 lbs.
Price of the NewAir 7-Bottle Cooler:
- cc. 358 – 460 USD (cc. 51.14 – 65.7 USD) It’s fairly expensive compared to other small footprint wine coolers. See for example the Colzer 12-bottle unit below.
It takes up little space but still will keep a handful of bottles of your favourite wine at ideal temp., away from sunlight. Not to mention, the fridge looks really cool, adding a sophisticated feel to any home’s atmosphere.
EdgseStar 7-Bottle Wine Fridge, 6″ Wide, Built-In
The EdgeStar CWR70SZ wine cooler looks just like the NewAir fridge listed above. It alsa has the same technical specifications and also measures only 6 inches in width.
The only main difference is that the this cooler has glide-out black painted metal shelves.
This unit is also built-in capeable and slides neatly under a kitchen counter (the cabinet’s height is: 35″).
- Black cabinet with dual-pane glass door that has brushed stainless steel frame and curved stainless steel grip handle (removable).
- UV-filtering glass door keeps protects wines from harmful rays but lets you see the interior of the cabinet.
- Door swing is reversible
- Quality and efficient compressor cooling with air circulation for even temp. distribution
- Single temp. zone with 40 – 65°F (4.4 – 18°C) temperature range
- Digital display and temperature adjustment with touch screen
- 6 gliding, removable metal shelves that each holds 1 standard, Bordeaux-style bottle (2,75″ in diameter).
- Depth (with handle): 20.375″.
- Height: 34.3125″
- Width: 5.8125″. ·
- Weight: 42 lbs
Price of the EdgeStar 7-Bottle Cooler
- cc. 440 USD (62.85 USD per bottle) – try to get it during a special discount like Black Friday
All in all both the EdgeStar and the NewAir extra slim fridges are very attractive compact appliances. If the elegant design appeals to you and the space saving, narrow size is of high importance then either model is a good choice.
Especially if you appreciate a nicely chilled bottle of wine being avaialble any time you want.
If you find the price a bit too much for such small unit try searching for cheaper wine coolers or wait for a special discount.
Colzer 18-Bottle Wine Cooler, 12″ Wide
This is nicely sized narrow wine fridge with elegant look and wide temperature range. Despite its small size, the cooler can accommodate up to 18 bottles of wine. Of course we talk about normal-size and -width Bordeaux type bottles.
TIP: You can read about the Colzer 18-bottle wine chiller and other similar size units here.
- Black cabinet with stainless steel framed, dual pane UV-protecting glass door
- Safety lock with 2 keys
- Sturdy towel bar door handle
- Built-in or freestanding placement
- Touch buttons to easily set the desired interior temp. within 41 – 78°F (5 – 25°C).
- Blue LED display
- 5 pull out natural beechwood sehelves and 1 stationary shelf at the bottom
- Low noise: less than 32 dbA according to the manufacturer
- Height: 34.5″
- Width: 12″
- Depth: 23″
Price of the Colzer 18-Bottle Unit
- cc. 500 USD (27,8 USD per bottle).
Slimline Wine Coolers by Wine Enthusiast – Only 10″ Width
The Slimline series by Wine Enthusiast are enticing units with excellent features. Currently they offer two narrow models, both with two temperature zones:
- a 12-bottle (price: 200 USD), and
- an 18-bottle model (price cc. 270 USD).
These units are ideal for those who would like to have wine ready at all times and at correct temperature; however, would like to avoid a bulky, 40 bottle wine fridge.
They use Peltier technology for thermoelectric cooling instead of a heavy compressor so the units make no noise and vibration.They are also lightweight, making them perfect to be placed in a lounge or dining room.
The drawback of thermoelectric cooling however, is that it can cool the interior of the wine fridge only 13 °C below ambient temperature. So in a 25 °C-room it can achieve maximum 12 °C.
With digital readout on the front, highlighting the interior temperature and push button controls for setting the required temp, Slimline offers you ease of use.
Further, the unit has 8 pre-set levels with temperature ranging between 7 – 20°C, allowing you to set cooling temperature to your preference.
Since the units are devoid of refrigerant, they are more environmentally friendly. Further benefit of the Slimline wine fridges that they use only as much energy as a 100 W bulb.
Dimensions – 12-bottle Model:
- Height (with hinge): 26″
- Width: 10″
- Depth: 20.25″Price: cc. $200 Dimensions – 18-bottle Model:
- Height (with hinge): 37.5″
- Width: 9 7/8″
- Depth: 20.25″ Price: cc. $270
10 Inch Wide Wine Coolers by Haier
Haier has some really slim models with 12 and 18 bottle capacities (Models HWTEC12ABS and HWTEC18ABS).
Both are for freestanding placement and feature two temperature zones (the 12 bottle model has two distinct compartments).
Dimensions (12 and 18-bottle models):
- Height: 26″
- Width: 10″
- Depth: 20.6″
- Haier HVTEC12DABS (12 bottles): cc. 170 USD (14/bottle USD),
- Haier HVTEC18DABS (18 bottles): cc. 140 – 200 USD (7.8 – 11 USD per bottle).
Popular Narrow Wine Fridges
TIP: take a look at the Haier 18 Bottle wine refrigerator, which is only 11″ wide.
One of the best-quality, narrow models available on the market is the Eurocave La Petite 12-bottle wine cooler and preservation system. The slim cabinet is only 12 inches wide.
Chambrer WC6030-197 6+2 bottle Wine Cooler
Chambrer, a Canadian manufafcturer of wine storage units makes some nice slim wine fridges. This is a narraow, dual zone model with digital controls, darkened door glass with silver trimming.
Stores 3+1 bottles in each compartment (1 bottle can be placed upright).
- Height: 33″ (84 cm)
- Width: 7.7″ (19.5 cm)
- Depth: 17.25″ (44 cm)Price: cc. US$ 260
Note: several of these models are no longer manufactured but might be available at some online stores.
This model is more like a wine tower and it represents one of the slimmest wine fridges. Its 8″ width allows you to place it in very tight spaces as a frestanding unit.
This is a thermoelectric cooler ensuring vibration- and virtually noise-free operation. You can place 6 bottles on the shelves and store one bottle standing upright on the bottom.
One of the benefits of this fridge that you can place the standing bottle either closed or without its cork.
So if you fancy some wine in the evening but can’t finish a whole bottle, simply put it back in the cooler to store at ideal temperature.
Another great feature is that the unit can accommodate both standard 750-ml bottles and larger ones (1500 ml).
The cooler is equipepd with digital, touch-pad temperature control for setting the right temperature anywhere between 45 °F – 68 °F. The Chambrer WC601S model has 8 pre-set temperature levels. It is available in silver color.
For a price of about US$ 150 – 180 (US$ 21.43 – 25.71 per bottle) this Chambrer slim wine cooler offers compact wine storage and cooling solution at reasonable cost.
The Chambrer WC602266 is a sleek two-door wine tower, also with 8 pre-programmed temperature settings.
It has room for 7 wine bottles: 6 can be laid horizontally on the racks, and you can place one bottle upright in the bottom part.
All Chambrer wine cooler models were designed with a convection system to circulate the air inside the cabinet to ensure even temperature distribution.
The silver cabinet with tinted door glass is really elegant and the compact footprint of this freestanding cooler is perfect for those who don’t have much space in their home for a large wine storage unit.
The Chambrer WC602-137 6+1 Bottle wine cooler is a similar unit with double doors and two zones. See also review of other Chambrer wine coolers, including narrow dual zone models.
Marvel 15″ Wine Refrigerator, 30WCM Series –
An Attractive Narrow Wine Cooler
As a leader in luxury under-counter refrigeration, Marvel is reputed for its wine fridges. This narrow model accommodates 23 bottles on elegant wood-fronted pull-out racks. It’s a single-zone unit with 40° – 65° F temperature range that can be set with a
With a front venting design for zero clearance installation, Marvel’s 15 inch wine coolers have excellently finished sides and top that allows both built-in and freestanding placement.
- Height: 33 3/4″ (cm)
- Width: 15″ ( cm)
- Depth (minimum): 24″ ( cm)
Price: cc. US$ 1400. Read about another slim wine cellar, the 3SWCE model by Marvel.
Further Tips: More 15″ Wide Wine Refrigerators
Danby Silhouette 34 Bottle, 15” Wine Cooler
With 15 inch width, the Danby 34 Bottle, Built-In Wine Cooler, DWC1534BLS is designed to fit into almost any corner. The stainless steel trimmed door has reversible door hinge.
With the digital temperature control setting managing the temperature is easy.
This single zone wine cooler has a fairly wide temp.range: 39.2 – 64.4 °F (4-18 °C) allowing you to chill whites at lower temperature or store reds at around 55 °F.
These 15” wine refrigerator offers maximum compatibility as it acts as both a zero clearance built-in under counter unit and a freestanding model.
The sleek stainless steel shelves with wood fronts enhance the décor of your kitchen or personal bar area.
Frost-free operation provides better maintenance of your wine. For better security, the unit is also equipped with safety lock with key. The direction of door opening can be reversed.
- Height: 34.06″
- Width: 15″
- Depth: 24.75″
Price: cc. US$ 700 – 800 (US$ 20.58 – 23.53 per bottle).
- The Viking Undercounter Freestanding Wine Coolers are available in 15 ” and in 24″ widths.
- Take a look at the Haier HVW12ABB wine cooler tower.
- Find out which are the best wine coolers in various categories.
- EuroCave Sowine Home Wine Bar – space efficient wine preservation system with vacuum technology.
TIP: Browse also all Wine Cooler Review articles here.