A 46-Bottle, 2-Zone Home Cellar
The Summit SWC530LBI wine cooler is an attractive dual temperature zone home cellar that accommodates 46 bottles of wine. It is an ideal storage and cooling unit for wine lovers who drink both whites and reds.
The two, independently controlled temperature zones of the Summit SWC530LBI Wine refrigerator allow you to chill whites or sparkling wine in the cooler compartment and preserve reds in the warmer zone.
- Capacity: 46 bottles
- Cabinet color: black, (stainless steel cabinet model: SWC530LBICSS.)
- Door: stainless steel-framed, thermopane glass door with stainless steel bar handle, lock & key, reversible
- Cooling method: compressor, CFC-free coolant, auto defrost
- Number of zones: two
- Built-in/Freestanding: both, UL approved
- Temperature Control:
- Thermostat (Mechanical/Digital): adjustable digital thermostat for each zone
- Temperature Range 10°C/50°F to 18°C/64°F, upper zone: 5°C/40°F to 10°C/50°F
- Shelving: 3-3 slide-out wood shelves in each zone
- Noise: a bit noisy according to some users, others say it is fairly quiet.
- Electricity consumption: no information
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 34.5″ x 23.63″ x 23.5″)
- Weight: 115.0 lbs.
- Price range: $770 – $800 ($16.74 – $17.39/bottle)
- Warranty: 5 year on compressor, 1 year on parts and labor
Pros & Cons
- Pros: attractive unit, maintains temperature,
- Cons: a bit noisy, shelving is tight
Features & Benefits
The unit holds 46 bottles of wine on 6 slide-out wood shelves. Each zone contains 3 shelves displaying 36 bottles of wine.
Two Temperature Zones
each zone has its own digital thermostat for setting the desired temperature and digital readout displaying the set temperatures.
The Control Panel is integrated in the top of the cabinet. You can adjust the temperature by pressing the Up and Down arrows.
There’s an interior light switch for each zone. Pressing it, the soft blue hue interior illumination will turn on.
The exterior of the Summit 46-bottle wine cooler, model SW530LBI features
- black cabinet body,
- stainless steel-framed, thermopane glass door with
- stainless steel bar handle.
The door is lockable; the lock is mounted on the top door frame.
The door hinging is reversible.
The cabinet interior is coated with is easy-to-clean black liner. The Summit 46-bottle wine cooler is also available in stainless steel cabinet (Model: SWC530LBICSS).
Can be used both as
- freestanding or
- built-in under the kitchen counter because the fridge vents in the front.
The cabinet has 4 level legs for adjusting proper, level placement.
The compressor doesn’t contain CFC-s (chloro-fluoro-carbons partially responsible for the thinning of the protective ozone layer in the upper layer of the atmosphere) so the Summit SWC530LBI wine cooler is a more eco-friendly appliance compared to units that still contain CFC.
Dimensions of the Summit SWC530LBI wine cellar
- Height: 34.5″
- Width: 23.63″
- Depth: 23.5″
Weight: 115.0 lbs.
Price: cc. US$770 – 800 (US$16.74 – 17.39/bottle).
Warranty: 5 year on compressor, 1 year on parts and labor.
How Does the Summit 46-bottle cellar compare to the Avanti 46-bottle wine fridge?
Take a look at other Summit Home Wine Cellars.
Similar Home Wine Cellars
- Avanti WCR5104DZD 46-bottle Wine Refrigerator – an attractive dual temperature zone unit with 5 wood shelves.
- Jenn-Air 46 Bottle Wine Cellar – although it is not a true dual zone unit, the Jenn-Air JUW248 wine cooler is an elegant model with slide-out maple wood shelves.
- Kitchenaid Wine Coolers – have the same features as Jenn-Air wine cellars (mechanical thermostat, 46 bottles, no true dual zone).
- Cavavin Urbania 46-Bottle Wine Refrigerator – a two-zone units offered in 3 cabinet finishes.
- Sanyo 47-Bottle Wine Cooler, Model SR 4700 – a single zone unit with 6 chrome-plated wire racks.
- Magic Chef MCWC44DZ 44-bottle wine cooler – a cheap dual-zone unit (under $500) for built-in or freestanding use.
- The Best 40-50 bottle Wine Refrigerators
- Two-Zone Wine Cellars – recommended dual temperature zone wine refrigerators.