TYLZA, a China-based company, has been manufacturing top quality wine and beverage coolers since 2017.
They have several models with various bottle capacity and functions. One thing is common in all of their units: virtually silent, strong and fast compressor cooling. One more thing, Tylza wine fridges are usually highly rated on shopping sites, reflecting the quality and efficiency TYLZA is known for.
In this post we researched and reviewed their medium size model, the Tylza 30-bottle wine cooler. Jump to Table Of Contents and full review!
Tylza 30-Bottle Wine Fridge
Brand & Model: TYLZA HJYC-100B
Capacity: 30 bottles (750 ml, Bordeaux-style)
Cooling Type: Compressor with dual fan ventilation
Zones: Dual Temperature: Top: 40 – 55°F (5 – 13°C), Bottom: 55 – 65°F (12-18°C).
Placement: Built-In Undercounter/Freestanding
Dimensions: H: 33.3″”, W: 15″, D: 23″
Place Of Manufacture: China (in accordance with U. S. ETL/UL standards).
Price: cc. 500 – 600 USD (
Owners’ Ratings: 4.4/5 on Amazon 4.7/5 on Wayfair
Classy look with distinctive design elements
Two individual temperature compartments (allows spearate storage of whites and reds)
Effortless set up and use
Quiet, minimal vibration
Just a minor thing: door swing is not reversible.
Table of Contents
How Does The Wine Cooler Look & Work?
The TYLZA 30-Bottle wine fridge boasts a very appealing look with its matte black cabinet and slightly darkened glass door.
The door also features stainless steel edging, a stainless steel straight handle, and safety lock at the bottom.
The slight tint of the door glass protects wine from UV rays but allows you to perfectly see the bottles inside.
Exclusive Front Ventilation Grille Design
The stainless steel front grille has unique design with small, X-shaped slits through which the warm air leaves the cabinet interior. This unique element differentiates it from other wine cellars. It will surely stand out in your home in a good way!
The Various Buttons On The Control Panel
The control board is between the top and bottom sections.
The display screen for the two zones is located in the middle
- Lower Zone Display on the Left
- Upper Zone Display is on the Right.
What Are The Various Icons On The Control Panel?
- Bulb icon – this is the interior light switch. Just touch it to turn on/off the interior LED light.
- °C/°F icon – press to set the cooler to display temperature either in Celsius degree or Fahrenheit degree.
- “2 Wine Bottles” – press it to select which zone’s temp. you are going to adjust.
- Lower Zone Display – 40 – 55°F (5 – 13°C)
- Upper Zone Display – 55 – 65°F (12-18°C)
- Two round lights will show between the two display screens whether the temperature is displayed in °F or °C
- + & – buttons to raise and lower the temperature by 1 degree increments.
- Power Button – Tap once to turn on the cooler, press it for cc. 3 seconds to turn it off.
How Do You Adjust The Temperature?
Before connecting the fridge to a dedicated electric outlet leave it upright for 24 hours. This allows for the cooling chemical to settle properly.
After plugging in, the cooler will turn on automatically.The LCD display will show the current temperature inside the cabinet.
Press the icon to select which one’s temperature you are going to adjust. Tap the + /- buttons to set the desired temperature. Remember:
Recommended Temperatures For Various Wines
Here’s a quick reminder on what temprature is recommended for storing various varietals:
- Rose & Sparkling Wines: 41 – 46°F (5 – 8°C)
- Dry White Wines: 48 – 53°F (9 – 12°C)
- Red Wines: 59 – 65°F (14 – 18°C)
Shelving – TYLZA TYWC100
6 natural beech wood shelves hold the wine bottles. They glide all the way out on a roller assembly. All shelves are fully removable.
You may need to take out one or two shelves to make room for bottles larger than 750 ml or that have wider shape.
Pull shelves approx. 1/3 way out to securely access the bottles.
How To Remove A Shelf?
- Remove all bottles from the shelf.
- Pull out the shelf as far as it will go.
- Move the lever on each side of the shelf: left side: move it UP, right side: move it down at the same time start pulling out the shelf.
How Wide Can You Open the Door?
You can open the door to max. 225° in freestanding placement and to 180° in case of built-in installation. The door opens to the right. The direction of opening cannot be reversed.
A low-level LED light illuminates the bottles inside in white. To turn it on press the light bulb icon on the control panel.
The light turns off automatically after 10 minutes or if you press the bulb icon again.
TIP: If you want the lighting to stay on constantly press the bulb icon to switch the light on then hold the icon pressed for 5 seconds.
Humidity Level In The TYLZA 30-Bottle Wine Fridge?
According to the manufacturer the humidity level is around 65% inside the cooler. This is ideal for storing corked wine.
What’s To Like?
- Attractive, well-built wine cooler – looks especially sleek with uniquely designed front ventilation plate
- Slim size – only 15″ wide -and can be built in with other appliances/cabinets.
- Quiet operation – according to owners you will barely hear when the compressor is running.
- Independent dual temperature zones – lets you store both red wines and whites/sparkling, each at suitable temperatures.
- Maintains set temperature well – no need to worry that your wine will be overheated or chilled
- Simple to set up and adjust temperature.
- Safety lock on the door with 2 keys.
What’s Not To Like?
- Direction of door swing can’t be reversed – a minor issue but it’s good to know about.
Key Features – TYLZA 30-Bottle Wine Cooler
- Capacity: 30 bottles (750 ml, 3.5″ wide, Bordeuax-style bottles)
- Cooling Method: Advanced compressor cooling with double fan air circulation.
- Look & Style: Black stainless steel cabinet with stainless steel framed glass door.
- Door: dual pane, tinted, auto-seal glass door. The door is see-through and has stainless steel bordering.
- Opening Direction of Door: Door swings to the right, it isn’t reversible.
- Safety Lock: Yes, on the lower part of the door.
- Handles: Firm-grip stainless steel bar handle.
- Number of Zones: Two independent zones.
- Temperature Range: Top Zone: good for white wine: 40 – 55°F (5 – 13°C).
- Bottom Zone: For red wines: 55 – 65°F (12-18°C).
- Temperature Control: Touch screen control panel built in between the two zones.
- Display: LED readout in white.
- Temperature Memory: If there is a power failure the fridge automatically resets to the settings before it.
- Interior Light: Subtle blue LED illumination.
- Shelving: 6 removable, sliding wood shelves (unvarnished).
- Auto defrost: Defrost cycle every 12 hours.
- Noise Level: cc. 38 dBA
- Power: 80 watt
- Electricity Consumption: cc. kWh/24hours
- Installation Type: Undercounter built-in or freestanding placement.
- Length of Power Cord: 71.65″
- Adjustable Legs: The 4 legs can be turned to help set a level height. The 1″ high legs can be fully removed.
- Clearance: Leave at least 2.5 inches at the back for the plug.
Dimensions & Weight
- Height: 33.3″
- Width: 15″
- Depth: 23″
- Height: 26.9
- Width: 11.6″
- Depth: 17.2″
- 77 lbs (35 kg).
Since it is a fully finished fridge, you can choose to build it in under a counter. It will easily slide in a space a size of a trash compactor.
At the same time, if you prefer it placed as freestanding go ahead, the fridge will look absolutely superb without being enclosed with other furnishing.
For optimum cooling efficiency place the cooler in a room where the ambient temperature is between 60 – 90°F (15 – 32°C), a spot away from direct sunlight is the most ideal. Avoid installing it near appliances that give off heat.
How To Install The Door Handle?
You can opt to use the fridge with or without the handle. If you decide to use the cooler with the stainless steel handle follow these steps to mount it on the door.
It’s easy anyone can do it! You will only need:
- a screwdriver, and the
Two screws are already pre-installed in the door frame.
- Pull out the door gasket. You can easily do it with your hands, no extra tool is necessary. It will peal away smoothly.
- Align the handle with the 2 pre-installed screws.
- Tighten the screws with a screwdriver. Check if it holds securely!
- Rearrange the door gasket back in its place.
TIP: If you do not want to use the handle, take the screws out and place 2 decorative plugs into the holes.
How Much Clearance Does The Cooler Need?
Leave around 2.5 inches space at the back for the electric plug. Furthermore, make sure you do not block the exhaust plate in the front.
This is where the warm air comes out of the fridge and if the airway is blocked the compressor will run all the time trying to maintain the set temperature.
So to ensure that wine fridge effortlessly maintains the adjusted temperature make sure you pay attention to proper placement.
Parts, Accessories Included
The fridge will have the following items included in the packaging:
- 6 beechwood shelves (unvarnished)
- 2 keys for the security door lock
- Stainless steel handle
- 2 extra screws for installing the handle
- Instruction manual.
Price & Warranty
- Price: 580 – 650 USD (19.3 – 21.7 USD per bottle).
- Warranty: 1 years part and labor. 30 day return period.
Compare To Similar Wine Storage Units
Not sure yet about the TYLZA 30-bottle wine fridge? See and compare to other options with similar storage capacity!
Luckily there are a couple of great alternatives. Compare features, pros and cons, think through to decide which unit is the best for you!
Kalameara 30-Bottle Wine Cellar
- Advanced, fan-assisted cooling for optimum and stable temperatures – your wines will be within ideal conditions. without any huge jumps in temperature.
- Silent (less than 42 dBA), no vibration – you can watch a movie, listen to music or talk with family/friends and you won’t even notice the fridge works.
- 6 gliding and removable beech wood shelves – accessing the bottles is no hassle.
- Lockable door with 2 keys – just to have your peace of mind especially if you have kids.
- Temperature memory – retains the set values if power returns after outage.
- 1 year warranty
- Door is reversible, so you can have it open to either left or right to find the most ideal placement
- Single zone with 40°F – 66°F temperature band
- Dimensions: you will find a bit difference but it’s not really significant: Kalamera model: H: 33.9″ W: 14.9″ D: 22.4″ (w handle: 24.2″), Weight: 72.8 lbs.
- Costs more than the TYLZA model.
Want more info? Read our detailed review on the Kalamera 30-bottle wine refrigerator!
Staigis 30-Bottle Wine Cooler
- Strong compressor cooling for consistent temperature
- Elegant look with stainless steel door frame, blue LED lighting, and twin layer darkened, tempered glass door (no bar handle)
- 6 wooden shelves that glide smoothly on rolelrs (can be pulled all the way out)
- Safety lock with 2 keys
- Low noise level – won’t bother you even if it’s in the living room
- Built-in or standalone placement
- Dimensions are the same as TYLZA’s: H: 33.9″ W: 14.9″ D: 22.4″, Weight: 72.8 lbs
- Warranty: 1 year limited
- One temperature zone with settings between: 40°F – 66°F
- Door swing direction can be changed
- Door handle is hidden – lends a more clean look
BEST PRICE: Bodega 31-Bottle Wine Cooler
- Has space for roughly 30 bottles
- Fast and quiet compressor cooling
- Easy to operate touch button controls and display in blue
- Temperature memory feature
- Dual layer, tempered and UV filtering glass door in stainless steel frame, with stainless steel grip handle,
- Door lock with 2 keys
- 6 quality made detachable, eucalyptus wood shelves that slide out easily
- Slim design: 15 inches wide
- Integrated installation: under the counter or freestanding
- Single zone cellar: 41°F – 68°F
- Dimensions: a slight difference in depth, H: 33.9″ W: 14.9″ D: 22.9″, Weight: heavier built unit: 94.8 lbs
- Costs less than the TYLZA or the Kalamera and Staigis models
- Warranty: 2 years on compressor and all other parts
Who Should Buy The Tylza 30-Bottle Wine Fridge?
This mini home cellar is an ideal choice if you want ample storage at reasonable price. Even if you have some non-standard size bottles (longer neck Rieslings, wider Pinot Noirs) you can still fill this unit up with 20+ bottles at the minimum.
You also have the dual climate feature wih TYLZA, should you want to chill whites at lower temperature.
It’s almost noiseless yet works great, meaning that it will keep your wines at consistent temperature, in an UV light and vibration free environment. If you love your wines and know a few things about proper storage then you will appreciate these features.
The refined, contemporary look with stainless steel and glass door that you can lock will match and enhance your home’s interior.
The slim size and the built-in option let you choose the perfect spot whether it is in the kitchen, snug under the counter, in the living room, or library/home office.
Let’s Sum Up Our Ratings:
Amazon Rating: 4.4/5 from more than 250 buyers. This is a quite good rating compared to ratings and reviews of other, similar-size wine coolers.
It means that most owners of the TYLZA 30-bottle cellar are happy with their choice.