Last updated on April 23rd, 2021 at 09:30 am
What happens when a VinoTemp wine cooler does not cool, you order a replacement part, but…
They send the wrong replacement/repair part twice, the process takes 2 months, and customer service (Norma) does not return any phone calls or e-mails during said process.
You give up because of incompetence and have a useless unit while they have your money as follows: initial purchase; replacement part; two shipping fees. In addition to this frustrating ordeal, what I thought was a supervisor has never gotten back with me to reconcile the situation. Buyer Beware
A Good Alternative With 28 Bottles Storage Capacity
TIP: We recommend the WIE 28-Bottle compressor-based wine fridge as an alternative to the Vinotemp VT-28TEDS.
It has a nice wide temperature range, easy to use digital control panel, and versatile metal racking with glass holder.
The unit maintains temperature well and the double pane, tempered, smokey glass door ensures ideal storage environment for wines.
It is available at a great price, cc. 300 – 350 USD:
Vinotemp VT-28TEDS Wine Cooler Review
- Capacity: 28 bottles (Bordeaux style, 750 ml)
- Cabinet color: black
- Door: simulated brushed stainless steel trimmed dual-paned glass with towel bar handle
- Cooling method: thermoelectric
- Number of zones: one
- Built-in/Freestanding: freestanding only
- Temperature Control/Display:
- Thermostat (Mechanical/Digital): adjustable digital thermostat,
- Temperature Range: 54 °F – 66°F (to reach a temp. within this range make sure you install the wine cooler in a room where the ambient temperature is 50-80 °F)
- control panel is mounted on the top cabinet frame: push buttons (up and down arrows) to set the desired temperature, there’s a light switch to to turn on/off the interior ligh
- Display: digital readout, can be set to indicate temperature either in Fahrenheit or Celsius.
- Shelving: 6 pull-out chromed wire racks
- Interior Light: low-intensity blue LED lighting
- Power consumption (set at 59 °F): 1.2 kWh/24 hrs
- Noise: low noise
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 28 1/2″ x 18 1/4″ x 22″
- Weight: cc. 52 lbs.
- Price range: cc. 330-425 USD (11.79 – 15.18 USD per bottle).
- Warranty: 1 year on parts and labor.
Pros & Cons (based on consumer reviews)
- Good size
- Low noise
- Easy to use
- Cheaply made according to some owners
- Early failures, break downs – unfortunately many who bought this model expereinced failures, quality problems within a couple of months.
- Doesn’t hold temperature well –
- Bad customer service
Overall Rating (1- 5 stars):
Go to our main page about Vinotemp Wine Coolers.