Last updated on August 17th, 2021 at 01:51 pm
Who Are We?
We are a wine loving wife and husband team who started to collect wines a few years ago. As our collection grew we realized that we needed a proper storage solution to preserve the quality of our favorite bottles. We started to look for information on how to best store wine at home and discovered the world of wine coolers.
Since we are both engineers by profession (husband is a product developemnt engineer and I’m an environmental engineer, both having qualification in product quality assurance) we tend to analyze and compare the technical features, pros and cons of appliances.
That’s what we’ve done during our research for a suitable wine storage and cooler. We’ve thought it would be useful for other wine lovers to publish our finds.
So that’s how the idea of creating Winecoolerexpert.com was born in 2009.
Why Trust Our Reviews?
Many wine cooler/wine refrigerator brands and models are available today that makes research a daunting task. The majority of wine cooler reviews available online are provided by businesses that sell the appliances.
They tend to write glossed over reviews, which is understandable, because they want you to buy from them.
It isn’t in their interest to tell you the weaknesses of an appliance they want you to buy. Even worse is when online retailers only copy and paste the information provided by the manufacturer and you’ll find the same, oftentimes hyped wine cooler/refrigerator descriptions all over the internet.
There are of course the large review sites like Amazon or Consumersearch.com that contain many reviews provided by users.
Reading all or most of them would take much of your time. User reviews published on large retail sites usually don’t have an easy-to-follow structure and you have to read thoroughly to pick the most important facts and information to be able to compare different wine cooler brands and models.
Browsing through many reviews on one model is very tedious and time-consuming. We know because we’ve been through it when we bought our first wine cooler and researched units for friends and family.
Since we’ve learnt a lot about various wine storage and cooling units we thought that a website that provides objective reviews in an easy-to-understand format would be a great help for others who are thinking about getting a wine cooler.
That’s how our site was born. We don’t sell directly any of the units reviewed on our site, nor are we directly affiliated with any wine cooler/wine refrigerator manufacturer so we aren’t biased toward any brand or product (please read our disclaimer). That’s why we are able to write objective, unbiased reviews that include both the pros and cons.
Sidenote: We joined Amazon’s Associates Program and we get a small percentage of commission after each qualifying sale through pur website. This helps us to consistently maintain the site and covers the expenses associated with it (hosting, domain name etc., plugins).
Our Website’s Structure
The top menu contains direct links to overview articles on all major wine cooler brands. These overview pages focus on the main characteristics of a brand and its models, provide information on the manufacturer, and contain links to detailed reviews on the brand’s wine cooler models.
We also organized our reviews in the top menu according to:
- type (thermoelectric, compressor-operated, single-zone, dual-zone, multiple-zone, built-in, freestanding),
- size, and
There’s also a main wine cooler brand page listing all manufacturers that offer wine cooler refrigerators.
Our Wine Cooler Review & Rating System
We do a thorough research for all our reviews reading through reviews, forum posts, gathering all the facts including all the major weaknesses, complaints, praises reported by users. Then we write our review using a simple system that allows the reader to either quickly scan for the most important facts and overall rating, or to immerse in a detailed review.
In What We Offer More than Other Product Review Sites?
We review solely wine coolers, wine refrigerators and wine cellars unlike big review sites that feature reviews on all sorts of products. In order to easily digest the articles, and to be able to quickly compare the most important features and benefits of various models we created a simple review & rating structure for all reviews published on our site.
The following structure is applied in the detailed review articles on individual models (not in the brand overview articles).
The features overview in the right hand side table on each review page allows the reader to do a quick comparison with similar cooler models.
- Capacity: 46 bottles
- Cabinet color: black
- Door: stainless steel-framed, thermopane glass door with stainless steel bar handle, lock & key, reversible
- Cooling method: compressor, CFC-free coolant, auto defrost
- Number of zones: two
- Built-in/Freestanding: both, UL approved
- Temperature Control:
- Thermostat (Mechanical/Digital): adjustable digital thermostat for each zone
- Temperature Range 10°C/50°F to 18°C/64°F, upper zone: 5°C/40°F to 10°C/50°F
- Shelving: 3-3 slide-out wood shelves in each zone
- Noise: a bit noisy according to some users, others say it is fairly quiet.
- Electricity consumption: no information
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 34.5″ x 23.63″ x 23.5″)
- Weight: 115.0 lbs.
- Price range: $770 – $800 ($16.74 – $17.39/bottle)
- Warranty: 5 year on compressor, 1 year on parts and labor
Pros & Cons
- Pros: attractive unit, maintains temperature,
- Cons: a bit noisy, shelving is tight
Rating (1- 5 stars):
I hope our wine cooler review & rating system makes research easier and helps you find a model that best suits your needs and budget.
All the best: Liz & Zoltan – Your Wine Cooler Experts
- Wine Cooler Buying Guide – what to consider when shopping for a wine cooler refrigerator.
- Compare Wine Coolers, Wine Cabinets – a summary article providing advice on how to compare wine storage and cooling units. Includes links to comparison charts.
- Wine Cooler FAQ – frequently asked questions related to wine refrigerators and wine storage at home.