Last updated on May 18th, 2021 at 10:22 am
Zephyr’s new line of wine and beverage coolers offer some really cool features at affordable price.
This beautiful French door wine fridge has Vibration Reduction System, open door alarm, Sabbath mode, and air filter to keep interior air odorless.
These are just a few of the many upscale elements of the Zephyr Brisas BWB24C32AG unit .
Brand: Zephyr – Brisas Series
Model: Brisas21/19-Bottle/64Can Wine & Beverage Cooler, BWB24C32AG
Cooling Type: Compressor with Dual Evaporator and Fan System (Active Cooling Technology)
Zone: Dual Temperature Zone, 38 – 65°F (3 – 18°C) in both sections.
Rating: 5/5 (Owners’ Ratings on Amazon).
Dimensions: H: 33.87″, W: 23.87″, D: 23.5″ (With Handle: 24.4″)
Price: cc. 1 100 USD.
- High-end features at moderate price.
- Silent – max. 40 dBA, and no shaking either.
- Cutting-edge compressor cooling: consistent temperature all the time.
- Well-made door with latest technology insulation, seal and UV protection.
- Temperature alarm: if the interior temp. exceeds 73 °F (23 °C), “HI” will be displayed on the control panel, if inner temp. goes below 28 °F (-2°C) “LO” will be shown.
- Sophisticated look – will heighten any wine lover’s home decor.
- Reasonable warranty period (2 yrs on parts, 5 yrs on compressor)
- No door lock – it’s not really a huge disadvantage, considering all the other positive aspects.
Zephyr, a renowned manufacturer of kitchen ventilation products, has introduced its first series of wine & beverage coolers (Presrv™) in 2018.
The fridges use patented, state-of-the-art cooling technology called Active Cooling.
In addition, Zephyr wine refrigerators come with premium features, like Vibration Dampening, Sabbath Mode, advanced door insulation.
All this at reasonable pricing and with satisfactory warranty period.
The Active Cooling Technology employs computer sensors to determine when the air circulation fan needs to be turned on.
This ensures even temperatures across the whole cabinet interior keeping your wines at stable temperatures.
Look & Style
The Zephyr Brisas BWB24C32AG dual-zone wine cellar looks really elegant with the double French doors. You can install it under a counter, fitted with other kitchen cabinetry.
Nevertheless, the beverage center will accentuate the home decor placed as freestanding too. See more on Placement Tips.
The two glass panels are filled with Argon.
It is is an odorless, non-reactive gas which is used in window insulation.
As a result, this heightened insulation prevents warm air getting into the fridge’s interior, maintaing the set temperature very effefctively.
The door glass is thinly coated with LOW-e, a thin metal-oxide layer that blocks UV-rays while keeping the transparency of the glass.
The door features quality stainless steel frame and a pair of long, sturdy stainless steel handles. The ventilation grille mounted in the front is also from stainless steel.
No door lock but I think it is not a must-have feature for most people.
Grey tinted glass shelves accommodate the beer/soda cans while you can place wine bottles on black metal wire racks. You can pull the shelves all the way out.
The door opens to maximum 135 degrees. There is a door stop at the bottom hinge to prevent opening it further.
When you pull a shelf out please make sure to open the door at least to a 90 degree so as not to damage the gasket.
Shelving – Zephyr Brisas 21-Bottle Beverage Cooler
The Brisas 21 Bottle/64 Can Beverage Cooler boasts innovative shelving.
6 slide-out flat glass shelves hold the canned beverages. In the wine section 6 plastic coated black wire racks accommodate the bottles. You can stock up the cooler using 2 configurations:
- 19-Bottles: Place 3 bottles (max 3.375″ in diameter) on the 5 middle racks, , plus 2 -2 bottles (diameter max.: 3.875″) on the top shelf and on the bottom of the cabinet. This way the cooler has space for 19 bottles.
- 21-Bottles: Put 3 bottles on the 6 racks and on the cabinet floor, this adds up to 21 bottles (standard 750 ml, Bordeaux-style).
How To Set The Temperature?
The Zephyr Brias 19/21-Bottle wine cellar has easy to use controls to adjust the desired interior tempearture.
Press the “Power” icon to turn On/Off the fridge.
To increase the temp. by 1 degree touch the Up Arrow, to decrease it press the Down Arrow.
The Zephyr Brisas 21-Bottle Wine Refrigerator has comfortably wide temperature range: 38 – 65°F (3 – 18°C).
In the event of power outage the unit saves the set tempearture and will get back to it when the power is back.
Fahrenheit or Ceslius?
To change from Fahrenheit to Celsius display and back hold the Up and Down Arrows simultaneously for a couple of secs.
A LED screen shows the interior temperature in distinct white. Further icons on the creen are:
- “R” Light – Compressor Running Indicator (next to the Left Zone’s display) – turns on when the compressor is running.
- ºF and ºC light (next to the Right Zone’s display) – shows whther the temperature is displayed in Fahrenheit or Celsius.
Interior Light – Display Mode/Automatic Mode
LED lights mounted on the sid eof the cabinet interior illuminate the wines, beverage cans in deep blue.
Push the light switch icon – resembles the sun – to turn on off the ligt.
You can choose from to settings:
- Automatic Mode (this the default): the internal illumination will turn on as you open the door and fades off once the door is closed. A sensor built-in the front ventilation grille lets the fridge know when the door is open or closed.
- Display Mode: the light will be on constantly whther the door is open or closed.
Door Open Alarm
A beeping sound will alert you if the door is left open for more than 3 minutes. Furthermore, the display will show “00”.
A useful feature if you have kids and they leave the door ajar. It has a chance to happen since the doors do not have security locks.
You can too forget to close the door accidentaly. Happens to me all the time.
The wine coller is also equipped with temperature alarm. If the cabinet temperature goes above 73°F (23°C). The display screen will show “HI”. After 1 hour an alarm will sound continuously.
If the tempearture goes below 28°F (-2°C) “LO” will be displayed on the screen.
Sabbath Mode – (De)Activation
In Sabbath Mode the interior light, display screen, audible alarms will not be functioning.
However, the cooler will still maintain the set temperatures.
How to Turn On/Off Sabbath Mode?
Press the Power Button and at the same time Press the Up Button twice. The interior light and the temperature display will go dark, until you disable the feature.
You can disable the Sabbath Mode the same way you enabled it.
The Zephyr Brisas French Door Wine & Beverage Cooler is designed for both built-in and freestanding instalaltion.
Place it in a room where the ambient temperature is between 50ºF and 90ºF. Avoid installation next to heat generating appliances (oven). Make sure also that the unit is not exposed to direct sunlight either.
Make sure the floor you place it on can support the weight of the fully loaded cabinet and that it is level.
You can use the rotating legs to find a perfectly horizontal height.
The electric cable is 72″ long and it is on the right sideof the cabinet back.
Leave the ventilation grille unobstructed to ensure that the warm air can come out of the fridge. Do not block it or cover it!
Parts Included For the Door Installation
- 2 Door Handles,
- Door Handle Screws (M4*30), pre-installed,
- Flat washers (4.3*8*0.5, M4), pre-installed,
- Spring washers (4*1.1, M4), pre-installed.
Features At A Glance – Brisas BWB24C32AG
- Capacity: 21 standard size bottles/64 12 oz. cans
- Cooling Method: top-of-the-line compressor technology with dual evaporator: Active Cooling Technolgy. Uses coolant that is not hazardous to the environment.
- Number of Zones: two temperature zones, both with its own controls/display
- Look & Style: black cabinet with black interior, stainless steel trimmed glass door.
- Double layer glass with Low-e Argon fill, tinted for UV protection, 304-grade stainless steel frame.
- Doors open to max. 135 degree.
- Door Alarm: beeping sound alerts you if the door has been left open for more than 3 minutes.The display will flash 00.
- Handles: sturdy stainless steel handles (2)
Display & Controls
- Temperature Range: 38 – 65°F (3 – 18°C) on both sides. Very wide range, lets you nicely chill your wine and soda drinks or beer.
- Temperature Memory: in case of power failure the fridge will reset to the set temperatures..
- Temperature Control: touch sensitive controls: power icon, Up/Down Arrows-left side, readout screen for the left and the right side, Up/Down Arrows for the right side, light switch
- Display: clearly visible LED screen windows: left side, right side, “R” light: this is the “Compressor Running” indicator, ºF/ºC Selector
- Interior Light: deep blue LED light, switch is on the left side of the control panel.
- Shelving: wines: 6 pull-out metal racks with black plastic front, cans: 3 gray-tinted sliding glass shelves with black plastic front.
- Noise Level: 40 dBA. Quite yet efficient cooling.
- Vibration Dampening System: reduces shaking to minimal, preventing
- Electricity Consumption:
- Installation: built-in/freestanding – do not block the ventilation grille in the front.
- Clearance: leave 1″ at the back for the electric plug.
- Leveling legs: rotate the four legs to adjust level placement.
- Carbon Filter Replacement: Z0F-C004
- Filter Replacement Frequency: cc. 3 – 6 months, depending how much odor gets into the interior.
Dimensions & Weight
- Dimensions: H: 33.87″ W: 23.87″ D: 23.5″
- Built-In Dimensions: width: 24″, height: 34″, leave at least 1 inch clearance at the back
- Weight: 130 lbs (59 kg).
Price & Warranty
- Price: cc. 1 100 USD
- Warranty: 2 years parts, 5 years compressor, 1 year on labor.
You can find out more about the Brisas line here.
Why Buy The Zephyr Brisas 21-Bottle Wine & Beverage Cooler?
If you are looking for a wine & beverage cooler combo the Brisas BWB24C32AG model is definitely one of the best choices in 2021.
It is packed with unique features on top of the top-quality craftmanship. Looks absoultely classy with the French door design.
You can choose to build it in cabinetry or just place it standolen. No matter the type of installation, the beverage center will be a pride of any home.
It has quite a wide temperature range on both sides and you can adjust the tempearture independently.
The fridge is remarkably silent even when the compressor is on.
Besides accommodating 19/21 bottles of wine (depending on configuration), you can chill your favorite soda drinks and craft beers.
It is a very well-priced wine & beverage cooler considering all the features it has. At cc. 1 100 USD you will hardly get a better unit!
What’s more the warranty is 5 years on the compressor and 2 years on parts, 1 year on labor without having to pay extra.