An 18-Bottle, Affordable Two-Zone Unit
This model has been discontinued but it’s good to know about its pros and cons if you find one and are tempted to buy it. An almost identical, new model is the Avanti EWC1802DZ 18-bottle, dual-zone wine fridge.
Avanti EWC1802DZ Wine Cooler – Features Overview
- Capacity: 18 standard bottles (Bordeaux style, 750 ml)
- Cabinet color: black
- Door: black-framed, thermopane glass door with recessed handle, lock & key, reversible
- Cooling method: thermoelectric (Peltier) cooling with auto defrost
- Number of zones: two
- Built-in/Freestanding: freestanding only (ambient temperature: 72°F – 78°F/23°C – 26°C)
- Temperature Control/Display:
- Thermostat (Mechanical/Digital): adjustable digital thermostat for each zone
- Temperature Range: upper zone: 45°F – 54°F (7°C – 12°C), lower zone: 54°F – 64°F (12°C – 18°C)
- Display: blue LCD screen, can be set to indicate temperature either in Fahrenheit or Celsius.
- Shelving: 4 slide-out chromed wire racks: 1 in the upper zone, 3 in the lower zone
- Interior Light: low-intensity LED lighting, you can turn it on/off by pressing the button marked with a bulb symbol (after 10 minutes the lighting will automatically turn off)
- Noise: no data
- Electricity consumption (estimated): 1.5 kWh/24 hours
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 26.25″ x 13.75″ x 19.5″)
- Weight: 36 lbs.
- Price range: $200 – $270 ($11.1 – $15 per bottle).
- Warranty: 5 year on compressor, 1 year on parts and labor
Pros & Cons (based on consumer reviews)
- great size for a small apartment/condo,
- two independently controlled zones,
- affordable price for a cooler with digital thermostat and two zones[/ezcol_1half]
- no door handle
- lots of failure issues within a month of operation or just after the 1 year warranty expired.[/ezcol_1half_end]
Waste of money…purchased one 3 days ago and it was defective; keypad does not work and cooler is beeping. Returned it to store for exchange and the second one has a temperature problem; temperature reading 90 degrees F on top zone when cooler is cold. Returning the piece of junk tomorrow for a refund.
- See also our guide to Avanti Wine Cellars and Avanti Two-Zone Wine Refrigerators.
- Read a review on the Avanti EWC1201 12-Bottle Wine Cooler and the Avanti SWC1600M-1 16-bottle wine chiller.