Last updated on October 5th, 2020 at 07:56 am
All Wine Enthusiast Wine Cooler Refrigerators use thermoelectric cooling technology instead of a ompressor resulting in silent, CFC-free, and vibration-free operation.
No-vibration is very beneficial when storing wines because it ensures undisturbed sedimentation to preserve the taste and consistency of your cherished wines.
Thermoelectric wine refrigerators generate cool air inside the device by applying the Peltier effect: when electric current passes through 2 different semiconductor metals a thermal difference will occur that is utilized to cool the air to the desired temperature in the interior of the wine fridge.
Of course the hot air has to be driven away from the inside of the fridge. Built-in fans push out hot air through the vents on the back of the fridge. The fan also distributes the cold air evenly within the refrigerator. Read more about thermoelectric wine coolers and what to pay attention to when buying one.
Other benefits of Wine enthusiast Silent Wine Coolers include:
- efficient cooling,
- attractive design available in freestanding, countertop or built-in models.
- eco-friendliness: these wine fridges don’t contain hazardous coolants (CFC-s, HCFC-s) that were found responsible for the thinning of ozone layer.
When fridges reach the end of their lifecycle they’re usually disposed of at landfills where there’s a chance that the coolant can leak out and get into the air, water and land. With a thermoelectric wine cooler you’ll have an environmentally safe appliance.
- thermolectric wine fridges use less electricity than traditional compressor-run refrigerators.
Furthermore, wine refrigerators offered by Wine Enthusiast are affordable with a wide choice in the 150 – 400 $ price range.
Video Presentation on Wine Enthusiast Silent Wine Refrigerator Models
Reviews of Wine Enthusiast Wine Cooler Refrigerators
Wine Enthusiast offer a variety of wine coolers with different bottle storage capacities.
6-bottle Wine Enthusiast Wine Refrigerator- ideal for occasional wine drinkers
This small wine fridge by Wine Enthusiast is available in 2 decors:
- black cabinet with black-trimmed glass door, and
- black cabinet with stainless steel-framed glass door
The touch button controls ensure easy temperature setting in the 46 °F – 66 °F range while the digital screen clearly displays the temperature data.
Nice, clean design with no protruding parts ensures easy placement on a counter top or in a corner in your bar or anywhere where you can spare space to fit in the following dimensions:
- Width: 24″
- Height: 19″
- Depth: 13″
You can store up to 6 regular size wine bottles: 4 on the 2 chrome shelves and 2 bottles on the bottom of the fridge.
If you want to place the cooler in an enclosed area make sure you leave at least 1-inch clearance for effective ventilation
The 6-bottle Wine Enthusiast wine cooler got mixed reviews by users:
- Some have complained that in order to access wines on the middle shelf you have to remove the top shelf. Many have problems with placing standard 750-ml size wine bottles.
- Others said the unit cannot maintain the set cooling temperature and that it can only cool to 50 °F instead of 46 °F. (Pay attention to ambient temperature, for effective cooling you shouldn’t place a thermoelectric cooler in a room with temperature higher than 77 °F/25 °C).
- Buyers and users of this model confirmed the silent operation, low electricity consumption, and highlighted the nice decor and good fit as the strengths of the fridge.
All in all the 6-bottle Wine Enthusiast wine refrigerator is great for starting out wine lovers or for occasional wine drinkers who would like to have a compact wine storing and cooling apliance that doesn’t take up much space and doesn’t cost a fortune.
Price: US$ 130-140 (US$ 21.66 – 23.33 per bottle).
The twelve-bottle capacity Wine Enthusiast wine cooler comes in black body-stainless steel trimmed glass door design.
It offers the same features as the 6-bottle unit described above:
- push-button controls,
- digital display,
- interior light.
The door is double pane and tempered ensuring good thermal insulation. The door has a recessed, chrome handle for easy grip. The temperature range of this cooler is between 50 – 66 ºF.
This is again a space-efficient wine cooler capable of holding 12 regular sized (Bordeaux-bottles) wine bottles on 3 chrome racks.
Note that to you have to place the wine cooler with minimum 1-inch clearance around the sides and the back.
The unit has the following dimensions:
- Width: 10 1/4″
- Height: 14 3/4″
- Depth: 20 1/4″
Most consumers who bought and used the 12-bottle Wine Enthusiast wine fridge are satisfied with the unit. Main weakness of the refrigerator is that it doesn’t accommodate tall and odd-size bottles.
Price: US$ 170 (US$ 14.16 per bottle) again this is an affordable wine cooler for starting out wine collectors who are limited on space in their homes.
- Read review on the Haier 12 Bottle wine cooler models.
- Avanti 12-Bottle wine coolers: Avanti EWC1201 and Avanti 120BCompare 12-bottle wine coolers by various manufacturers.
16-bottle Wine Enthusiast Wine Cooler
This is a nice compact, low-cost thermoelectric wine cooler in which you can store up to 16 bottles of wine providing ample choice for every occasion.
Read a detailed Review on the Wine Enthusiast 16-bottle Wine Refrigerator.
18-Bottle Touchscreen Dual-Zone Model, Narrow Width
The Wine Enthusiast 18-Bottle Wine Cooler with Touchscreen and two zones is a one of the top-rated in the thermoelectric, small-capacity category. A slim model ideal for narrow spaces in the kitchen or living room taht sells for around US$ 270 (US$ 15/bottle).
28-Bottle Wine Enthusiast Wine Refrigerator
The Wine Enthusiast Silent 28-bottle wine cooler is one of the best-value home wine cellars in the small capacity category. It is a low-cost, energy-efficient and relatively quiet unit that made our list of the Best Electric Wine Coolers Under $500.
- EdgeStar 16-bottle Thermoelectric Wine Cellar
- Other 16-Bottle Home Wine Coolers.
- Avanti 2-Zone 18 Bottle wine cooler (Model EWC18DZ)
- Haier 18-bottle Wine RefrigeratorMagic
- Chef 16-bottle Wine Cooler
In this dual zone wine refrigerator you can store red wines in one of the compartments and chill whites in the other one. You can adjust temperature in the 50ºF – 66ºF range.
Both sides have their own temperature controls and displays. Each zone has 7-7 chrome shelves for acommodating 21-21 regular size wine bottles. You can place 3-3 bottles on the bottom of the refrigerator to use the full capacity of the unit.
The black cabinet has double glass door with stainless steel trims and stainless steel bar handle. Both doors come with their own lock-key sets.
The cooler is meant for freestanding use only with enough clearance around the sides and at the rear so that the fan can push the hot air out from the inside of the unit.
The wine cooler has the following dimensions:
- Width: 27 1/2″
- Height: 33 1/4″
- Depth: 20″
Consumer reviews of the 48-Bottle Wine Enthusiast Refrigerator:
Again most problems with this unit arise from the shelving: Cabs and Sauvignon Blancs fit well but when you place Chardonnay or Pinot Noir bottles thee labels get scrapped when pulling out the shelf above. Another inconvenience is that the thermostat is hangs on the front of the top shelf making it difficult to place bottles there. In fact, only slim bottles fit in the top rack.
Some have complained that they received the unit slightly dented but replacement was arranged by Wine Enthusiast without any problems.
Price: cc. US$ 600 (US$ 12.5 per bottle); a very friendly price in this storage capacity with the 2-temperature zone feature.
Take a look at the Electrolux Electrolux ICON™ 48 Bottle wine cooler which offers 3 independent temperature zones.
The Sub zero 427 Dual Zone Wine Cellars are higher-end, top-quality wine storage solutions.
N’FINITY Wine Cellars by Wine Enthusiast
Wine Enthusiast has recently launched a new line of wine cellars called N’FINITY that were designed based on the most common weaknesses of wine coolers and refrigerated wine cabinets found in user reviews.
Read a detailed review on N’FINITY 50-Bottle Wine Cellar by Wine Enthusisast.
More N’FINITY Wine Cooler Models:
N’FINITY 23-Bottle Wine Cooler – a compact dual zone unit with hardwood shelving.
N’FINITY 121-Bottle Wine Cellar – a two-zone model with gliding wood shelves.
N’FINITY 340-Bottle Wine Cellar – a double door multiple zone wine cabinet for freestanding or built in use.
- Official Website of Wine Enthusiast Wine Coolers
- Two Zone Wine Cooler Refrigerators – Overview
- Cheap Wine Cooler Refrigerators
- Freestanding Wine Coolers
- Avanti Wine Cooler Refrigerators
- Cuisinart Wine Chillers
- Franklin Chef Wine Cooler Refrigerators
- Franklin Chef 36 Bottle 2-Zone Wine Cooler
- Haier Wine Cooler Refrigerators (discontinued)
- Koolatron Wine Refrigerators
- TIP: Kalamera Wine Coolers
- NewAir Wine Coolers
- Stainless Steel Wine Cooler Refrigerators
- Rangemaster Wine Coolers
- U-Line Echelon 2-Zone Wine Refrigerator
- Compare Marvel Dual-Zone Wine Cellar to U-Line Echelon 2-Zone Wine Refrigerator.