Reviews and Comparison
If you need to store and cool only half a dozen bottles of wine at the same time then a 6-bottle wine cooler refrigerator is a perfect choice.
Most of these units use thermoelectric cooling technology. This new technic is best applied in small appliances.
6 bottle wine cooler refrigerators have single temperature zone which means that you can set only one temperature level to keep your wines at, while in a dual zone wine cooler you can adjust two different temperatures: one for reds, and one for whites or sparkling wines.
Here are some recommended 6-bottle wine refrigerators.
Danby DWC620 6-Bottle Wine Cellar
[GARD align=”left”]This compact model by Danby can hold max. 6 standard size wine bottles on 3 chrome-plated metal shelves.
The cooler can maintain 4°C – 22 °C (39 °F – 77 °F) temperature range so you can chill white or red wines.
A red LED dsiplay – which goes well with the black finish – on the upper front of the fridge indicates the set temperature.
It is a freestanding fridge that can be placed on kitchen counter tops.
With only 11 inch width these slim wine coolers can be conveniently fitted in narrow places. The blue interior lights lend elegant appearance to the appliance.
- Height: 17 (43.2 cm)
- Width: 11″ (56 cm)
- Depth: 22″ (43.2 cm)
Price range: $90 – $110 ($15 – $18.3 per bottle).
- This compact, 6-bottle wine refrigerator by Vinotemp also uses the thermolectric cooling system which has the benefit of silent, vibration-free operation.
- It can hold up to 6 standard wine bottles on its 3 pull-out, chrome-plated wire racks.
- The double paned, tinted glass door ensures good thermal insulation and filters out UV rays that can be harmful to wines in case of long-term exposure.
- The stainless steel cabinet‘ s dimensions (width: 10.25 “, depth: 18.25 “, Height: 16.25 “) allow you to place the wine cooler on the top of the kitchen counter.
- You can adjust temperature in the range of: 44°F – 66°F.
Price: cc. $160 – $170 ($26.7 – $28.3 per bottle).
Sunpentown WC-06 6-Bottle Wine Cooler
- It accommodates 6 standard 750-ml bottles on 2 pull-out wire racks.
- The silver cabinet with silver trimmed, reflective glass door looks very sleek.
- You can easily set the cabinet temperature between 44 and 66 °F by the touch pad controls. It is fairly quite (30 dBA according to the manufacturer’s website).
- you can level and the set the unit to suitable height with the adjustable front legs.[/ezcol_1half]
- Height: 14.5″
- Width: 10″
- Depth: 20″
- Weight: 20.5 lbs.
Electricity consumption: cc. 0.5 kWh/24 hours.
Wine Enthusiast Silent 6-Bottle Cooler
- This is a nice contemporary home cellar in black and stainless steel design ideal for countertop placement.
- Quality, removable metal shelves hold 6 standard Bordeaux size bottles.
- The digital touch controls (temperature can be adjusted from 44 to 66°F) and the blue LED display go well with the darkened glass door.
- Features silent, eco-fiendly superconductive (thermoelectric) cooling technology (max. ambient temperature is 77°F).
- Can be used as freestanding only to ensure proper ventilation.
- Height: 16″
- Width: 10 1/2″
- Depth: 19 5/8″
- Weight: 30 lbs.
Price: $130 ($21.7 per bottle). Warranty: 90 days, with 30-days return policy (in original packaging).
More Comparison Charts on Small Wine Coolers
- Best Mini Wine Coolers – compare 4-Bottle Haier, Chambrer and Koolatron Models.
- 8-bottle Wine Cooler Comparison – compare various 8-bottle electric home cellars.
- 12-Bottle Wine Cooler Comparison – compare 12-bottle wine fridges by various manufacturers.
- Take a look at the Haier 6-bottle wine cooler.
- Benefits and features of the Wine Enthusiast 6-Bottle Wine Cooler.
TIP: Browse also our Wine Refrigerator Reviews page for more overview and in-depth articles on various brands and models.