Last updated on December 10th, 2020 at 09:46 am
You have a wide choice in 30-bottle wine coolers offered by retailers so it is a bit daunting to choose a unit the best suits one’s wine storage needs and budget.
To help you narrow your search for a reliable small home wine cellar browse the following selection of the best-rated 30-bottle wine coolers available on the market.
- Kalamera 30-Bottle, KRC-30 SZB (Single-Zone)
- Edgestar 30 Bottle (Single-Zone)
- Top Pick: Staigis 30-Bottle (Single Zone)
- Phiestina 29-Bottle (Dual-Zone)
- Summit 33 Bottle, SWC1535B (Single-Zone)
- Marvel 30WC Wine Cellar (Single-Zone)
- GE Wine Center (Single-Zone)
Most 30-bottle wine coolers are single-zone units, they don’t have two individually controlled compartments for chilling whites and storing/cooling reds.
TIP: View some great small-sized dual zone wine refrigerators, including models with 28 – 33 bottle storage capacity.
Many 30-bottle wine coolers use thermoelectric (also known as Peltier-) technology instead of traditional compressor-based refrigeration.
30-Bottle Wine Coolers for Built-In Placement
Kalamera 30-Bottle Wine Cooler
The Kalamera KRC-30 SZB is an ideal choice if you’re looking for a nice wine cooler at great price. It’s a compressor-operated fridge with a cooling temp.range of 40 – 66 ºF.
- elegant black cabinet with tinted dual pane glass door
- stainless door trim and grip handle, reversible door
- single-zone with easy to use one-touch controls and LED display
- blue LED light displays the wines stored inside
- 6 slide-out natural beech wooden shelves, each holds 5 standard size bottles
- built-in/freestanding placement
- in case of power loss the fridge resets to previously set temperature.
The estimated annual electricity consumption of the Kalamera 30- bottle model is only 217, 4 kWh.
- Height: 33.9″
- Width: 14.9″
- Depth (w handle: 22.4″
Weight: 72.8 lbs.
Price: cc. 510 – 599 USD (cc. 17 – 20 USD/bottle).
See our main post about Kalamera Wine Coolers
Top Pick: Staigis 30-Bottle Cooler
The Staigis 30-bottle wine fridge is very similar to the Kalamera model listed above.
The black cabinet has silver framed, double pane glass door with concealed pull handle and safety lock at the bottom. The door opens from left to right as default, but you can reverse the direction.
Single-Zone, Wide Temp. Range
Its small, compact cabinet holds 30 bottles on 6 slide-out metal shelves. The compressor-operated fridge has one temperature zone and will keep your wine cool or nicely chilled within the range of 40 – 66 ºF.
You can make room for wider, bigger bottles by removing some of the shelves.
It’s quite a wide range suitable for storing all kinds of wine from crisp dry Sauvignon Blanc to Pinot or Merlots.
Touch pad controls let you choose and set the appropriate temperature. The LCD display shows the temperature in blue.
The pre-programed temperature setting will be reset in case of power outage.
A blue LED light shows off the stored bottles insde the unit.
This 30-bottle wine chiller by Staigis will be a great addition to a kitchen, bar or entertainment room.
It’s avaialble for around 530-550 USD not a high price tag especially if we calculate the price per one bottle cc. 17-18 USD per bottle.
The fridge ventillates through a front grille so you can build it in under a counter or place it freestanding.
- Height: 33.90″
- Width: 14.90″
- Depth: 22.40″
- cc. 550 USD (18.3 USD/bottle).
1 year limited warranty.
Similar Home Wine Cellars
- Magic Chef 30-bottle wine cooler, Model MCWC30MCG – a cheap freestanding unit for under $300.
- Vinotemp VT-28TEDS 28-Bottle Wine Refrigerator – cheaply made thermo electric unit for standalone placement.
- The EdgeStar 30-bottle built-in wine refrigerator received very good ratings by owners.
Phiestina 29-Bottle Wine Cooler
A dual-zone unit for storing whites and red at the most ideal temperatures.
- lower zone is for cooling reds in the range of 50 – 66 ºF- holds more bottles than the lower part
- whites, sparkling wines go in the upper zone where you can set the temp. between 40-50℉.
Look & Style
The Phieastina 29-bottle fridge has a black cabinet with stainless steel trimmed tinted glass door. Sturdy metal shelves complement the stylish decor.
Has a large stainless steel bar handle for easy opening the door. Hinging is reversible.
No lock and key for this model.
- 5 slide-out metal shelves that boast stainless steel front: holds 3 or 5 bottles
- Simple to use temperature controls integrated between the two zones,
- You can adjust the temperature for both parts by pressing the Up/Down buttons.
- The interior light swiths is next to the temp. control buttons.
- You can also change from ºF to ºC and vice versa by pushing a button.
- The screen shows the temperature in blue LED.
- Height: 33.9″
- Width: 14.9″
- Depth: 22.4″
The cooler ventillates in the front so you can install it under the counter or use it as freestanding.
Suggested built-in dimensions:
- Height: 34.1″
- Width: 15.3″
- Depth: 22.4″.
Marvel 30-Bottle Wine Cellar Model 30WC
Discontinued – But Still Available in Some Stores
Marvel makes higher-end refrigerators including elegant, compressor-operated wine coolers with full auto defrost.
- The Marvel Luxury Series 30-bottle wine cellar is an all-black unit: black cabinet with black-trimmed double-pane glass door and black interior.
- The door has an integrated full length bar handle.
- It stores 30 bottles of wine on 5 slide-out and 2 stationary metal shelves. The shelves are removable but the door has to be open for a minimum of 135º to be able to fully access and pull out the shelves.
- Door swing is reversible so you can find the proper placement for it in your home
- Temperature range of the cooler is 42ºF – 63ºF.
- Single-zone unit.
- Low-intensity interior light that can be switched on/off manually or automatically.
- Front exhaust system and the 15″ width and counter-height makes it perfect for zero clearance built-in use.
5 year warranty on compressor and sealed system, and 1 year warranty on parts and labor.
- Height: 34 1/4″
- Width: 14 7/8″
- Depth: 23 5/8
Price: cc. 1300 – 1400 USD (43.3 – 46.7 USD per bottle).
EdgeStar 30-Bottle Wine Cooler for Built-In Placement
The CWR301SZ model by EdgeStar is a single-zone, compressor-operated unit with lockable door and a an upscale look:
- black cabinet with
- stainless steel framed glass front, and
- slide-out wood-trimmed metal shelves.
The EdgeStar 30-bottle wine cooler is one of the best-value option in the mid-sized, built-in category wine storages.
Avanti WC1500DSS 30-Bottle Wine Cooler
The Avanti 30-bottle wine cooler is a single-zone unit and is operated by compressor. It received fairly good reviews form owners higlighting the compact size, attractive look and reasonable price of the unit.
- Black cabinet with stainless steel-framed glass door which is tinted for UV protection and dual pane for maximum insulation.
- The 5 slide-out wire racks with natural wood front look elegant although they accommodate only bottles with max. 2 3/4″ diameter, wider bottles won’t fit.
- The curved stainless steel handle is removable.
- The lock on the bottom door frame is useful should you want to keep your wines locked away..
- Direction of door opening is reversible.
- The adjustable electronic thermostat can be set from 45ºF to 65ºF. There are factory settings for red wine, whites or sparkling wine which can be selected by a touch of a button.
- Digital display shows temperature either in ºF or in ºC
- Interior LED light
- Front venting allows for built-in or freestanding installation.
Cons Noted by Owners
In case of power outage the unit resets to factory defaults, you have to reset it to the desired temperature (if it differs from factory presets).
Dimensions of the Avanti 30-Bottle Wine Cooler:
- Height: 33 3/4″
- Width: 15″
- Depth (with handle): 25″
Price: cc. 650 – 680 USD (21.7 – 22.7 USD per bottle).
TIP: for a dual zone model with almost 30-bottle storage capacity take a look at the Avanti WC331DZD 28-bottle wine refrigerator.
Read reviews of other Avanti wine refrigerators.
Summit 33-Bottle Wine Cooler, SWC1535B
This 33-bottle model by Summit is a narrow unit that can be conveniently built-in under the kitchen counter.
With its black cabinet and silver-trimmed dual pane glass door it is an ideal fit to any upscale modern kitchen or dining area.
- 6 gliding wooden shelves accommodate 33 bottles (standard Bordeaux style and size)
- full-length stainless steel bar handle
- security lock with key
- electronic controls for adjusting the temperature and
- LCD display in the top door frame: light icons indicating temperature for whites, sparkling wines and reds
- has single temperature zone with 41 – 64 ºF range.
- temperature alarm mode: sound warns if temperature is out of the set range
- Sabbath mode
- interior LED light
- compressor-run with automatic defrost
The wine fridge has front ventillation so it’s suitable for recessed, built-in placement. Comes with 4 leveling legs.
- Height: 33 9/10″
- Width: 14 3/4″
- Depth (with handle): 24 5/8″
- Weight: 77 lbs
The Summit SWC1535B is an ideal choice for wine bars, restaurants, hotels or other commercial establishments since it meets the necessray standards:
- ETL-S listed to NSF-7 Standards and meets UL-471 for use in commercial establishments
Price of the Summit 33-bottle wine fridge: cc. 700 – 780 USD (21.2 – 23.6 USD per bottle).
Where to Buy?
- 5 years on compressor, 1 year parts and labor.
GE 30-Bottle Wine Refrigerator, Model GWS04HAESS
Discontinued – Used Items Might Be Available!
The GE PGWS04HAESS is a compressor-based single-zone wine cooler for standalone placement made by General Electric.
- a well-made,
- dependable, and
- one of the lowest-priced units of all the 30-bottle coolers available on the market.
Price: 500 – 550 USD (16.7 – 18.3 USD per bottle).
TIP: Browse our list of overview and review articles on our Wine Refrigerator Reviews page.