This model has been discontinued. Please see recommendations for similar units at the bottom of the page.
The Avanti WC2001 wine refrigerator is a 100+ Bottle capacity model with compressor cooling and digital thermostat. The model is discontinued but some shops may have a few models available.
Avanti WC2001 Wine Refrigerator – Features Overview
Capacity: 100+ bottles (depending on bottle size & shape)
- bottles horizontally
- 4 bottles vertically
- Cabinet color: black with black interior
- Door: dual-pane glass with brushed chrome trim, security lock with keys
Cooling method: compressor, with auto defrost
Number of zones: one
Built-in/Freestanding: has front venting so it cabe used both freestanding and built-in.
- Thermostat (Mechanical/Digital): adjustable digital thermostat with preset one-touch settings for red, white or sparkling wines.
- Temperature Range: 45°F – 65°F (8°C – 18°C).
- Display: red digital display (can be set to show temp. either in °F or in °C).
Setting the Temperature:
- When you store mostly red wines, the temperature needs to be set at between 14º – 18ºC (57º – 65ºF). The indicator marked “RED” will light up in Red.
- When you store mostly white wines, set the temperature at between 9º – 14ºC (49º – 58ºF). The indicator marked “WHITE” will light up in White.
- For storing mostly sparkling wines, the set the temperature at between 5º – 9ºC (40º – 49ºF). The indicator marked “WHITE” will light up in White
Shelving: 15 pull-out chromed metal racks (some models have wooden shelves), a metal display rack at the bottom (stores approx. 5 bottles):
Interior Light: low-intensity LED lighting, you can turn it on/off by pressing the button marked with a bulb symbol
Noise: no data
Dimensions (H x W x D): 72.75″ x 23.5″ x 26.5″
Weight: 180 lbs.
Price range: cc. US$ 900 (US$ 9.0 per bottle).
Warranty: 1 year parts and labor, 5 years on compressor.
Pros & Cons (based on user reviews)
- great size for storing 80-100 bottles of wine at a very good price
- easy too use[/ezcol_1half]
- not a long-lasting appliance
- most units quit working after around 5 year[/ezcol_1half_end]
User Review (by Trish)
I’m giving this a Poor review instead of Useless because it did run well for 5 years. Then all of a sudden, right after the compressor warranty expired, the compressor and/or control board stopped working.
So here I am in the middle of a hot, steamy July, and I find that MY WINE IS COOKED.
The internal temp. was 96 degrees. I had a nice collection and am still sick about it. Avanti doesn’t even make the compressor for this model anymore. Nice way to support your products, huh? NEVER. EVER. AGAIN. Rot in hell, Avanti.
Similar Wine Bottle Coolers
- Go to main page of Avanti Wine Refrigerators or Avanti 2-Zone Wine Cellars
- 100-Bottle Wine Refrigerators – best-selling 100+-bottle home cellars.
- Wine Cabinets – overview of top wood wine cabinets
- Freestanding Wine Cellars – overview of wine bottle cooelrs designe dfor standalone use only.