Last updated on November 29th, 2020 at 04:46 pm
For Every Budget
If you’re stuck on gift ideas for the coming holiday season consider buying a wine cooler as Christmas gift. Most everyone has a family member or friend who loves wine and would be happy if he/she got an electric wine bottle chiller.
Quick Links: Koolatron 6-Bottle Cooler (Under 200 USD) – Wine Enthusiast 12-Bottle Cooler (cc. 200 USD) – Phiestina 33-Bottle Dual-Zone (cc. 440 USD) – Ivation 34-Bottle (cc. 299 USD) – Smith & Hanks 32-Bottle Dual-Zone (cc. 599 USD) – Aobosi 51-Bottle Dual-Zone (cc. 799 USD)
The good thing about wine coolers as Christmas gifts is that they are available in various price ranges so you can choose one that best suits your budget. During the holiday season most shops offer huge discounts and/or free shipping.
It is a good idea to compare retailer prices to find a good deal on wine coolers, wine storage and other related products.
A Perfect Christmas Gift – Under 200 USD
A small-footprint wine fridge that stores 4 – 8 bottles of wine is ideal for those who live in a small apartment
A wine aficionado living in a tiny flat will appreciate a compact 4+ bottle wine cooler. Some of these appliances hve a size of a microwave so you can place them on the counter, bar or table.
What’s more, units with slim design allow for even more flexibility in placement.
Koolatron 6-Bottle Wine Cooler
The Koolatron Urban Series 6-bottle fridge is a great choice if you want something under 200 USD.
Key Features of Koolatron WC06
This is a thermoelectric wine fridge with all-black design and adjustable temperature in the range of 45°F – 64°F (8°C – 18°C).
- Black cabinet with black-trimmed dual pane tinted glass door with recessed handle
- 2 curved pull-out chromed wire racks each holding 2 bottles
- You can place 2 bottles at the bottom of the cabinet
- Remove a rack to make room for large/wide bottles
- Muted interior light displays the bottles inside
- Digital controls and displayto set and monitor temperature
- Just press the Up/Down arrow to set the temp, you want the fridge to cool to
- Silent, vibration free cooling – no disturbing of sediments and altering the flavour profile
- Height: 14.25″
- Width: 10″
- Depth: 20″
- Weight: 17.24 lbs.
- cc. 132 – 180 USD depending on seller. (22 – 30 USD per bottle).
Recommended Storage Temperatures:
- 55 – 65 °F (12 – 18 °C) for red wines,
- 46 – 55 °F (8 – 13 °C) for whites, sparkling.
To preserve the flavor, aroma and colour of wine keep it at constant temperature, away from sunlight and vibration.
So the Koolatron Urban Series WC06 chiller and similar models are the perfect choice for a beginner wine enthusiast, especially if they are scrunched on space.
Browse our reviews on other popular 6-bottle wine refrigerators.
Wine Enthusiast 12-Bottle Wine Refrigerator
This petite, but solid-looking fridge can hold up to a dozen bottles of wine.
The blue-LED digital display and push buttons look nice on the smokey, mirrored glass door. See further specifications.
- One tempertaure zone with 46°F – 66°F (7.8°F – 18.8°C) range
- Thermoelectric cooling ensures low noise and no vibration
- For best cooling efficiency place it in a room where ambient temp. is: 60°F – 80°F (15.6°C – 26.7°C)
- 3 removable, chrome-plated wire racks
- Black metal cabinet with UV-filtering, dual pane mirrored glass door with black trim
- Integrated door handle
- Door opening is not reversible
- White interior LED light
- The fridge ventilates at the rear so it is only for freestanding placement with sufficient clearance at the back, top and sides
- Height: 19″
- Width: 14″
- Depth: 20″
- Weight: 29 lbs.
Price & Warranty
- 199 USD (16.6 USD per bottle).
- Warranty: 1 year parts and labor by the manufacturer.
The 12-Bottle Wine Enthusiast cooler is a pretty, no-frills unit that is a great buy at 199 USD.
Compact size, well-made appliance by a US manufacturer that has more than 40-years experience in wine cooling and storage technology.
See other options on wine refrigerators that accommodate 12 bottles of wine.
200-500 USD – Wine Coolers for Christmas
20-30+-Bottle Wine Cellars – Nice Mid-Size Wine Storage Cabinets
A 20-30 bottle wine cooler is a really thoughtful gift for a beginner wine collector. Some models are available for around US$ 500 or less.
Phiestina 33-Bottle Dual-Zone Cooler, PH-CWR100
For a price of less than 500 USD the Phiestina 33-bottle wine fridge offers:
- Two temperature sections – chill whites in the top section and keep reds in the bottom section.
- Top zone 40 – 50°F (4.4 – 10°C), bottom zone: 50 – 66°F (10 – 15.6°C)
- Touch buttons to select and set the temperature in each zones
- Excellent compressor cooling with advanced regulation program to ensure silent operation
- Elegant stainless-steel design with see-through dual-pane glass door with UV protection
- Door opens to the right, has a sturdy towel bar handle, no lock though.
- Capacious storage space – especially if you buy only normal size Bordeaux style bottles
- 7 natural beechwood shelves – all of them can be removed to make for larger bottles
- Cool blue LED light illuminates the interior and the bottles
- Freestanding placement since its ventilates at the back and sides.
- Height: 33.07″
- Width: 15.55″
- Depth: 22.48″
- Weight: 83.1 lbs.
Price & Warranty
- Price: cc. 440 USD (13.33 USD per bottle).
- Warranty: limited 1 year replacement parts.
The Phiestina PH-CWR100 is a stylish, well-sized cooler with dual zone feature and at a very favorable price.
Ivation 34-Bottle, Single-Zone Wine Cooler
If dual-zone feature is not a must for you, then consider getting this great capacity single zone modell at just 299 USD.
The Ivation 34-Bottle wine refrigerator has an understated but refined look. The black cabinet with the black-trimmed see-through glass door will fit in any home or even bistro/wine bar.
- 5 removable wavy chromed metal racks – most standard size Bordeux bottles will fit (3″ wide but Pinot bottles will also fit though tightly)
- Racks slide out cc. 3″ so you can easily read the labels and pick a wine
- 1 flat wire shelf where you place canned beverages, or bottles laying on their side
- Bottom rack: put taller bottles there, the guard rail of this rack can be removed to make room for cans.
- Double pane, well-insulated and tinted glass door with recessed handle
- Door can be locked by touching the “lock” icon on the top of the cabinet door
- Seals tightly and the tinting filters out UV rays harmful to wine quality. It also ensures odorless storage environment.
- High-quality compressor cooling ensures event temperature across the fridge’s interior.
- Temperature can be set in the range of 41 – 64°F (5 – 17.8°C)
- Digital temperature setting with touch buttons integrated in the top part of the door
- Interior lighting – soft white LED light itegrated in the top of the cabinet interior
- For freestanding placement only – this unit cannot be built-in due to rear ventilation
- Two leveling legs in the front to help adjust a secure, horizontal position.
- Height: 33.25″
- Width: 18.7″
- Depth: 17.1″
- Weight: 56 lbs.
- Price: 299 USD (8.8 USD per bottle) – it’s a very nice price for a wine cooler this size especially if you manage to fit in 34 bottles.
View similar, 20-30 Bottle Wine Refrigerators.
500 – 1000 USD – Wine Coolers
Browse our top picks at a higher price point. If you are searching for a gift for a serious wine lover then the options listed below won’t disappoint.
Smith & Hanks 32- Bottle Dual-Zone Built-In Cooler
This is superbly sharp-looking wine fridge with all the bells & whistles that will make any wine collector happy. Especially at this price!
- Dual temperature zones: Upper part: 41 – 54°F (5 – 12.2°C), Lower part: 46 – 66°F (7.8 – 18.9°C)
- High-quality cooling system with compressor technology and anti-vibration system and stable humidity level: 50 – 70%
- Efficient air circulation with fan that ensures stable, humid environment and minimal fluctuation in temperature
- Simple temperature setting with touch buttons, display in blue LED
- Neat stainless steel design with double layered, tinted glass door.
- Door swing is reversible and it has a security lock with key
- 6 gliding, wood-fronted shelves (fully removable): 2 in the upper part, 4 in the bottom part
- Shelves accommodate bottles up to 3.5″ in diameter
- 32 bottle capacity refers to standard size, Bordeaux bottles – for champagne or magnum bottles you have to remove shelves to make room
- Nice, soft blue LED ligting inside the cabinet
- Front ventillation lets you build it in existing cabinetry
- Silent – only 40 dBA noise level
- Height: 34″
- Width: 15″
- Depth: 23 ” (25″ w handle
- Weight: 84 lbs.
Price & Warranty
- Price: cc. 599 USD (18.7 USD per bottle)
- Warranty: 1 year on parts & labor, 3 years on compressor.
The Smith&Hanks 32-Bottle wine refrigerator is a great buy considering its size, quality making, and polished look.
What’s more, it is one of the top-rated built-in wine coolers on Amazon.
TIP: The GE 29-bottle wine cooler, Model PWR04FANBS is an older model but also affordable choice in this category.
Aobosi 51-Bottle, Dual-Zone Wine Cooler, 24″
In the Aobosi 24″ wide fridge you can store up to 51 bottles of wine in two individual temp. zones.
It’s very high-end looking model with sliding natural wood shelves (6 in total), digital touchpad controls and built-in capability.
The stainless steel design suits perfectly any home decor whether it’s an upscale kitchen or a classic home wine bar.
Unlike other wine coolers, this one accommodates Champagne size bottles.
- Highly efficient cooling system with stable temperatures in both zones. Two fans ensure even air circulation in the upper and lower parts.
- Quiet and vibration-free operation
- Upper zone’s range: 41 – 54°F (5 – 12.2°C), lower zone’s range: 54° – 68°F (12.2 – 20°C)
- Cool stainless steel design with dual pane and tempered glass door. The door has UV filtering tint and includes lock & key.
- 5 slide out quality beech wood shelves and 1 stationary shelf. The 5 moving shlves can hold 8 normal-size bottles (2.75″ wide, 11.8″ high), the stationary shelf can take up to 11 bottles.
- Blue LED interior light casts a supple glow on the bottles
- Easy to adjust temperature. just press the appropriate buttons on the digital control panel located between the top and bottom zone.
- The buttons on the left side control the top zone, and the ones to the right the bottom zone.
- Temperature memory – the fridge reverts to the pre-set temperatures after a power loss.
- Built-in/Freestanding option – fits well under a counter but you can place it standalone too.
- The door is not reversible.
- Height: 34.25″
- Width: 23.43″
- Depth: 22.64″
- Weight: 90 lbs.
Price & Warranty
- Price: cc. 700 USD (cc. 13.7 USD per bottle)
- Warranty: 1 year no-questions-asked warranty
The Aobosi 51-bottle model is a sizeable cooler that is an excellent gift to anyone who is into wines and plans to build up a small collection.
It’s an extremely attractive appliance besides having top-of-the-line cooling technology that ensures the ideal storage environment for wines.